Who's ready for a DSG oil change?

mrutter1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG...sold 2013 Golf 4dr 6M w/ Tech Pkg
I was just curious to see who has changed thier DSG oil on the forum. Is anyone close to the 40K service point? The price per liter is $27.72 from World Impex...ouch! I haven't even begun to see how much fluid we need.

Matt65

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG
My Bentley calls for 7.2 liters for the initial fill, and 5.2 liters for a change. Page 34b-2.

DSG Trans fluid = VW # G 052 182 A2

Last edited:

Tim Birney

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 TDI
mrutter1 said:
I was just curious to see who has changed thier DSG oil on the forum. Is anyone close to the 40K service point? The price per liter is $27.72 from World Impex...ouch! I haven't even begun to see how much fluid we need.
Check with the Dealership on that price.
Sounds about 4X higher than it should be.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
ouch is correct

DSG change fluid every 40k - apx 28 usd per lt. A 50 usd filter and OH the procedure certain temp - I do not believe that we shoud have to pay this much for the Fluid -- but until some aftermarket company produces one we are stuck - I am sure this fluid is similar to hydrostatic fluid - its the additives that are the question. Bentley says

SHAKE THE BOTTLE - !!!!! - What we are dealing with - I THINK - is a gear lube for automatic - the final dirve included - I had a borg warner very similar. I will do my first change premature around 12 k - inspect the color as well look for sediments. I will then follow 40k - in time castings get cleaner. But I love this trans and would not change 28 usd or not.

mrutter1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG...sold 2013 Golf 4dr 6M w/ Tech Pkg
Glad to see some responses...so far it appears no one has changed theirs. With 6L at $27.72, I calculate $166 and change. Does the Bentley manual speak about a filter too? If so, what is the part #?

n2carz

TDI
2006 Jetta 5-sp, 2006 Jetta DSG
I just checked World Impex, $17.45 for Transoil part #G 052 182 A2, doesn't say what quantity though.

Tim Birney

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 TDI
I visited my dealership a few weeks ago and saw a trashed DSG on the floor, and a new one in the car... the Service rep indicated a price below $200 for the filter and the fluid. Just add labor to that, and $200 to $275 is likely.
:eek:

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Present: 05 Passat TDI Past: 06 Jetta TDI
I save 200 a month by driving this instead of my old superduty...200 bucks is fine with me.LOL