www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old November 12th, 2019, 19:00   #16
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Golf
Fuel Economy: 42-46 MPG

As far as Iím aware I thought the extended warranty said it did not cover anything transmission related. So it should in theory not matter. But I guess if they can find anything to deny warranty claims they will.
vdubwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 05:42   #17
740GLE
Veteran Member

some people are still under their original power train warranty 5yr - 60K such as us (well minus that malone thingy )
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 08:00   #18
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBrown View Post
Also at times keeping rpms too low lugging the motor in some traffic settings.
Putting it in sport mode gets the RPMs a little higher in traffic.

Do you have the Phase 2 emissions software? That seemed to improve the DSG a little.
The Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 08:25   #19
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
some people are still under their original power train warranty 5yr - 60K such as us (well minus that malone thingy )

I am still within that factory warranty as well. Until next August.
Old November 13th, 2019, 08:25   #20
vdubwannab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

Do you have the Phase 2 emissions software? That seemed to improve the DSG a little.

I wonít tune the DSG until after the second fix.
Old November 13th, 2019, 08:50   #21
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

Yes I have phase 2 done on my gsw. And yeah Iíve noticed sport does, but on the flip side then sport also holds rpm at times awkwardly long then I almost feel like it should have shifted. Maybe an in between between drive and sport is really what Iím looking for?lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:09   #22
Nuje
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBrown View Post
...and yeah I’ve noticed sport does, but on the flip side then sport also holds rpm at times awkwardly long then I almost feel like it should have shifted.

Maybe an in between between drive and sport is really what I’m looking for?lol
That was exactly my feeling, too. And that's what Malone's DSG tune delivered for me, only better. Like, it seems to take into account a lot more/better than stock tune how much throttle your applying, so if you're accelerating hard, it'll rev a bit higher before shifting, but if you're light on the pedal, it shifts earlier.

Like I said, it matches pretty much spot-on where/when I'd be shifting in pretty much every situation.

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, Adaptive Cruise retrofit
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2

Last edited by Nuje; November 13th, 2019 at 10:14.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:10   #23
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
That was exactly my feeling, too. And that's what Malone's DSG tune delivered for me, only better. Like, it seems to take into account a lot more/better than stock tune how much throttle your applying, so if you're accelerating hard, it'll rev a bit higher before shifting, but if you're light on the pedal, it shifts earlier.

Like, I said, it matches pretty much spot-on where/when I'd be shifting in pretty much every situation.

This is the kinda info I like to hear my friend. Iíll have to give it some thought in that case...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2019, 07:36   #24
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

Finally got the DSG tune done from Malone. Car is immensely more driveable. Ive only had the tune for half a day but over that 100 miles the car is completely different. No longer do I have to worry about pulling out in traffic. The takeoff delay is GONE. Accelerating threw traffic used to be lug lug lug as you press the accelerator further down and nothing happens till all the sudden it down shifts two gears and smokes the tires GONE. The car now down shifts 1 gear as it should and accelerates instantly. The DSG behaves more like a standard slush box as far as being in the correct gear with no more notchy shifts at that take the rpms from 1500 down to 1100 rpm. The car seems to stay in the 1500 rpm range during normal crusing and 1700ish to 2700ish range while accelerating. Obviously if the acceleration is more aggressive so will be the rpms. The car no longer pisses me off when i drive it. I used to go from D to S to M all the time to get this car to behave in the same manner that Malone has done with this tune. I just put it in D and forget it. The DSG now knows what its doing. I couldnt be happier. Thank you Malone Tuning and TuneMyEuro.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 10:33   #25
Nuje
Veteran Member

Yep - totally in line with my experience as well.

Curious: Does your gear indicator show the gear you're in (like D1, D2, D3 - similar to the M1, M2, etc.- as it goes through the gears), or does it still only show "D" and "S" when you're not in the manual shifting mode?

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, Adaptive Cruise retrofit

Old November 23rd, 2019, 13:04   #26
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

No gear display added in mine....
Old February 13th, 2020, 20:58   #27
brew1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: TDI 38-42 mpg, drive it like you stole it.

Kerma Stage 2 here. I'm hearing that the Malone DSG tune is a happy medium between regular mode and sport mode. How does the DSG tune feel in combination with sport mode?
16 Audi A3 S-Line Quattro DSG JB4, APR DP & Intake
brew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2020, 21:44   #28
Nuje
Veteran Member

I wouldn't characterize the Malone DSG tune so much as a "happy medium", but more "fixes the shift points" - it shifts when I would shift. And in Sport mode, it shifts when I'd shift when I want to drive at higher revs.

Old February 14th, 2020, 04:46   #29
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
I wouldn't characterize the Malone DSG tune so much as a "happy medium", but more "fixes the shift points" - it shifts when I would shift. And in Sport mode, it shifts when I'd shift when I want to drive at higher revs.
Id agree with this. It keeps the car in a better more workable rev range. In sport mode I think its even better because now itll rev higher than D but will actually shift before red line. The biggest improvement is the slow take off is completely fixed. There is still a pot hole during the 2nd to 3rd gear shift and is more noticeable in sport.