Alh turbo vnt actuator

touaregv10tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDi,2000 Beetle TDi, 2016 BMW X5 Diesel, 2004 Touareg V10 TDi,2015 Beetle TDi, 2005 Jetta TDi
Question on VNT turbo.

Beetle 2000 TDi ALH Manual.
Driving the car for the first week ( after I made it road worthy bought it non running) I noticed it was not peppy as it should. At 65 MPH I stepped on it nothing happened, then going up on the road speed dropped considerably no matter if I floor it, no codes thrown.
I realized the turbo was not kicking in.
After researching limp mode etc, I found ut my VNT vacuum actuator was stuck solid. I removed the actuator, however that little lever on the turbo is hard to move up and down. Using oven cleaned to clean the exhaust side of the turbo, I moved the lever down (as if the acuator had been activated) now I hear the turbo spinning. I did all of this without removing the turbo.
However, the little lever on the turbo still hard to move up and down. I will work to see if I can fix that. If not, I am afraid it might be getting stuck under the VNT ring, hence removal of the turbo and disassebly will be required.
What happens if I drive with the VNT active all the time, meaning without the vacuum actuator, lever pulled down as if the vacuum actuator was active?
Just wondering.

Thanks.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
It will go into limp mode to protect the engine once it crosses the threshold of over boost for about three seconds. .fix it before your luck runs out.