Buy a Treg TDI now or wait?

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I am considering buying a Treg TDI and wanted your opinion. I was told by a VW dealer that they have to hold the Treg TDIs until after January 6th. What is happening on January 6th? I am thinking that there may be more Tregs after that if this is true. Plus, more Tregs should mean lower prices or more choices.

What do you all think?

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
if you want a tdi treg id be getting it now...there is no info on a buyback for 3.0s and i just dont see it happening. However if it does good luck getting one decent, and trust me you want a tdi the v6 just aint the same. Couple tweeks and the tdi is a total monster with amazing mpg. VW will never get mine back unless they bring an army. Or pay me way to much money so i can go buy a blue 2016 tdi

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
So what is the news that is coming on the 6th?

scrubber

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
if you want a tdi treg id be getting it now...there is no info on a buyback for 3.0s and i just dont see it happening. tdi
Per VW's own website. (Gen 1 vehicles are 2009-2012)
"Subject to Court approval of the proposed 3.0L TDI recall program, Volkswagen has agreed, among other terms, to:
Offer buyback or lease terminations of eligible Generation 1 3.0L vehicles, and provide free emissions modifications."
this is for the U.S., I'm not up to speed on the situation in Canada.

Last edited:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Per VW's own website. (Gen 1 vehicles are 2009-2012)
"Subject to Court approval of the proposed 3.0L TDI recall program, Volkswagen has agreed, among other terms, to:
Offer buyback or lease terminations of eligible Generation 1 3.0L vehicles, and provide free emissions modifications."
this is for the U.S., I'm not up to speed on the situation in Canada.
well seeing the 2.0 in canada is still at least 3 months out and i havent even got a single notice about my 3.0 dont see canada having any buybacks for a while