Adding the backup camera to my '13 Golf

Liberated

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
My 13 Golf TDI came with everything except the tech package. I have the LCD screen, but wanted to know if the screen/harness in the car now is able to easily accept the camera/wiring; or is it an entirely different screen/system all together that comes with the tech package?

I guess the camera comes out from the rear emblem, so I would need the actuator as well.

If it helps in determining the system model, I have bluetooth/mp3/sat radio with the steering wheel controls.

Last edited:

JoannaAdler

TDI
2013 Golf TDI (Manual)
We just bought our 2013 Golf TDI last week and were wondering the same thing. Did you ever install the back-up camera? Would love to put one in. This was one of the "wants" that we didn't get. Along with leather...

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
My 13 Golf TDI came with everything except the tech package. I have the LCD screen, but wanted to know if the screen/harness in the car now is able to easily accept the camera/wiring; or is it an entirely different screen/system all together that comes with the tech package?

I guess the camera comes out from the rear emblem, so I would need the actuator as well.

If it helps in determining the system model, I have bluetooth/mp3/sat radio with the steering wheel controls.
We just bought our 2013 Golf TDI last week and were wondering the same thing. Did you ever install the back-up camera? Would love to put one in. This was one of the "wants" that we didn't get. Along with leather...
Sounds like you have the RCD510 head unit with built in cd changer. You will need to pull the head unit to see if you have connector 6 as shown here:

If you have this connector then you would be able to connect the RVC. Search the Golf forums as there are a lot of DIY's on that particular RVC and things to watch for when installing.
This is the link to the page: http://www.my-gti.com/1313/volkswagen-rcd-510-pin-assignments
For the rear camera, the entire emblem is replaced with one that pops out when the camera is activated. You will also need vagcom to enable the RVC in the radio.