weberm

TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI 4-dr Hatchback
'03 Golf GLS 4-dr Hatch
5-speed, 130k, black/black
Sunroof (sliding), premium sound, alloy wheels
Original owner/single driver

Price: $2500, and here's why (plus a little background first):

Although a newbie from a membership perspective, I've been a consumer of info on this site for the last several years (sadly, didn't start soon enough, though). Truly a tremendous repository of knowledge...

I made the mistake of driving this car like others I have owned - babying it to maximize tire/brake/clutch life, and (presumably) to keep the MPG up. Big mistake - about 10 months ago started having performance issues. Long story short, and after finally finding time to troubleshoot, all evidence points to a clogged intake manifold.

Oil/filter every 7500-10k (not always synthetic, adding to the intake clogging issue)
Brakes at 95k (self)
~30k on tires (middle of the road quality)
Fuel/air filters every ~30k (self)
New battery, fuel filter (within 30 days)

The only dealer maintenance was to remount the drivers window on its track (after trying to open it when frozen shut by ice) and 1-2 recall notices many years ago.

Other issues:
- needs exhaust (2 splits/breaks at flanges/joints by converter)
- all 4 sunroof drains were previously clogged - drivers is cleared; passenger side drain tube separated from door post grommet during snaking; 2 rear drains not yet attempted)
- drivers door lock module
- glow plug codes (probably harness, as identified plugs previously replaced but codes returned)
- radio antenna short

Interior in good shape, other than drivers rug (a little beat up).

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to get thru the laundry list of items, and don't want to eat the dealer cost for all of the above (probably above $2k)...perfect car for someone who has the facilities and time to work thru the items.

weberm

TDI
Thanks for the interest and the PMs...I'll get some pics over the next few days (new job's taking up a lot of my time). It's been garaged for the last 10+ months waiting for me to fix it...only one quarter-sized rust spot on the hood from a road/rock ding, nothing anywhere else. But the pics will show that...

weberm

TDI
Thanks for the interest and the PMs...I'll get some pics over the next few days (new job's taking up a lot of my time). It's been garaged for the last 10+ months waiting for me to fix it...only one quarter-sized rust spot on the hood from a road/rock ding, nothing anywhere else. But the pics will show that...

rmidgett

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
TDI Golf

I'm interested in pictures of the car, and to know if it's still for sale.

JDub8

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 2.0 AVH
*sigh*

I too would like to see pictures

...and find a deal like this that didnt have 5+ people interested.

deaster

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf TDI Variant - 80 Caddy Diesel - 04 WDI Passat Variant
2nd attempt on a PM (private message).
Can come down tomorrow.
Please contact me ASAP.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
So sad to see this when the Northeast has so many GURUs to keep this car 100%.