Bubba and his shotgun

katipo

Veteran Member
Neighbour bubba was cleaning a loaded shotgun and it gone off...Deer slug wreaked the rim on the Jetta resulting in a blown tire..:mad: Any idea where a stock rim for a 2004 Jetta wagen can be sourced?

Bubba will up the money once his wife is through wrapping shotgun around is head.:rolleyes:

the amish postman

xsamx

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf Black
katipo said:
Neighbour bubba was cleaning a loaded shotgun and it gone off...Deer slug wreaked the rim on the Jetta resulting in a blown tire..:mad: Any idea where a stock rim for a 2004 Jetta wagen can be sourced?

Bubba will up the money once his wife is through wrapping shotgun around is head.:rolleyes:

the amish postman
Can you find a picture of the exact wheel? That would be very helpful.
Ebay would be the first place to look.

Audi5000TDI

Banned
TDI
Passat, 1996, Grey
TDI's should not be parked within 1/4 mile of Bubba's, it's in the VW TDI manual. Bubba's should not get within 100yds of TDI's, they might rest their beer bellies or flabbly beer toting arms on the door frame, thereby sagging the door on the hinges so it will not close and latch properly. Bubba's are like the deer they hunt, a hazard around road sides, capable of "the deer in the headlight" look during beer fests 24/7, any time, any place, any where.

jayp111

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
cage said:
Yeah and it's always the "smart" ones that own the guns.
Lots of folks smart and "other" own guns.....its just that the "other" ones who insist on driving around with guns hung in the back window/packing heat give the rest a bad rep.

The problem is clearly with the dope operating the trigger and not the gun per say

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
And always remember: Guns don't kill people, people do.

Just like SUVs don't drive off a cliff, but people do.

katipo

Veteran Member
Still going be looking for a rim...any of you folks got a set that needs a better place to be than stubbing your toe at night.

Tis the standard rims that came with 2004 jetta wagen...or a source for semi bling rims :D

They look to be Monterey with the 1J0 601 171 centre cap.

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Look up the part number on Penclnck's wheel site (google for it, it's faster than doing a TDIClub search, but the thread for the site is on TDIClub). ;)

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
There are a lot of nice 15 inch Rim's for our wagons, my personal favorites are the rims on the of the 05 GLS Golfs. I won't go to bigger rims because of mileage and potholes.

That said, www.tirerack.com

bigEZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen; 2006 New Beetle
BioThomas said:
And always remember: Guns don't kill people, people do.

Just like SUVs don't drive off a cliff, but people do.
actually, it's better put as "guns don't kill people; people with guns kill people."

katipo

Veteran Member
bigEZ said:
actually, it's better put as "guns don't kill people; people with...(______) kill people."

sigh....
knives, pitchforks, icepicks, cinder blocks, coupe de villes, neutron bombs, HIV,

add your own....on second thought don't do it in this thread. start that thread version at:

http://www.howtokillpeople.com/

yes Virginia, I don't think Santa exist there.

any Monterey wheels folks willing to part with?

the amish postman

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
bigEZ said:
actually, it's better put as "guns don't kill people; people with guns kill people."
Unless you're talking about that guy who got shot by his dog.

TDIfor

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 NB Double Yellow
Is Bubba gonna mount your rim over his mantlepiece? How DOES one stuff a rim? And did he have a license for rim-hunting?

Sorry about this, but the immortal Tom Lehrer, as always, has an applicable song: "The Hunting Song" to whit"

I always will remember
'Twas a year ago November
I went out to hunt some deer
On a morning bright and clear.

I went and shot the maximum
the game laws would allow,
Two game wardens, seven hunters
And a cow...

(And so it goes. Fully lyric upon request.)

hagar

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 white Jetta 5sp & 2006 Mercedes CDI
I've never had to shoot anybody, but it's been close on a few occasions when bad people tried to prey upon me without any provocation from my part. Having a legally carried gun and the determination and skill to use it persuaded them to go and victimize somebody else. The price we pay for our "diverse and free society" is that a lot of people think it means they can deal drugs, steal cars, assault or shoot people, and judging by the treatment they get from the courts, they may be right. I for one refuse to be a victim.

Guns don't kill innocent people, bad people with guns kill innocent people.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
cage said:
Yeah and it's always the "smart" ones that own the guns.
I own MANY guns. Always have, alway will.

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
Wait, wait a minute....................!!!!!!!!!!

What's that sound?????...........

Is that "Dueling Banjos" I hear?

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I have a set of 16" rims from a 2005 GTi that I just took off my car because the tires were thin, and I went back to my Montreal IIs. They're called "Hakunamatta". (Remember "Lion King") Nice five spoke... similar to the Rave. Go here: http://www.wheelcollision.com/vw.htm
and go to the bottom picture under Golf. They are nice with no curbage... just a few rock nicks here & there. $325 + shipping. Shipping shouldn't be too bad for a set of bare rims. Problem is you would have to buy a new set of 16" tires too. Perhaps "Bubba" would pay for those as well... fewer dollars for him to buy shotgun shells! Glad my neighbor he isn't... Hopefully you can also see some humor in a situation that could have been disasterous if you had been checking your air pressure at the time.

nomad6

TDI
02 jetta a4-sold
a thought

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1928, Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1935, China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1964, Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1970, Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1956, Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to1977, one million “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost their lives - because they were unable to defend their liberty - to no less than 56 million during the 20th century alone. Millions more people have been killed due to inability to defend themselves than the victims of violent crimes. Just something to think about.

Vorlons

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, Reflex Silver
Most (legal) gun owners are responsible.

First of all thank god no was was hurt or killed.

"Bubba" is the type of person who make all of us responsible gun owners look bad. Like how an irresponsible swimming pool owner who let's their child drown due to their negligence.... oh wait a minute, no one thinks that when they hear those stories, but many people will say "that's why people should not own guns". BTW, a home with a swimming pool is MUCH more dangerous then a home with firearms, it's not even close.

This web site is an excellent source of information on RESPONSIBLE firearms ownership and all the positives when many good lawful citzens do own guns.

http://www.a-human-right.com/introduction.html

TDIfor

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 NB Double Yellow
Is a point being missed?

If Bubba is paying for the rim, who cares where it comes from? Order one up from the dealer. I dont see the moral or ethical necessity to get Bubba the best deal in town.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
TDIfor said:
Is a point being missed?

If Bubba is paying for the rim, who cares where it comes from? Order one up from the dealer. I dont see the moral or ethical necessity to get Bubba the best deal in town.
That's exactly what I wuz fixin' to post....