• No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
The Bently Biofuels station is still closed. I did some asking around and never got a specific answer. They are still providing their wholesale customers as far as I know. They might deliver to you if you have a big enough tank available for your "home heating oil."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ton

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
anybody else catch motorweek this week showing off, highlighting in the clean cities segment Plainfield VT.'s "Black Bear Biodiesel"?? the only public access in VT to B100....

It showed an at the pump sign for B100 @ $2.299........

BlueJay83

TDI
'10 JSW, '84 Land Rover D110 Pick Up
MikeS,
Just curious if you still have the GreaseCar kit?
I'm in Wilmington, DE.
Thanks,
Brad

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Interesting contact listing for Black Bear: malloybiodiesel at geemail dot com. Hmmmm, I wonder if this is an off-shoot of T H Malloy... So I look on Malloy's web site and I see their pump pricing no longer lists B50 nor B99. :eek: What?

I still have 20 gallons in the garage, and an indicated near-full tank in the car, so I'm good for a while, but I'll still call T H Malloy to check if they still carry my desired B99 (or higher).
If not, then either Newport Biodiesel, or Black Bear.

Lug_Nut

TDI
THMalloy has updated their site and pump pricing. On-road, tax-paid, B99 is $2.089 gal. (1st Aug. 2017). That's just $0.01 more per gal. than their off-road, dyed, ULSD.
On the down side, Newport Biodiesel is no longer selling retail.

<edit> so I'm scrolling back to look for B99+ retailers in the mid-atlantic and I came to post #609 from 2015. THMalloy was retailing B99 at @2.799!?! <end edit>

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDI
Black Bear is run by a Malloy family member, but is not part of T. H. Malloy.

Gas-Up in Asheville still has B99 bio, but the other retailer in Sylva NC has ceased carrying bio.

luminousgypsy

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon 1.9L
I know that Propel's Diesel HPR does not contain biodiesel but it's made from renewable biomass (98%!!) and is available in California in a few locations. Also it meets all specifications so can be used in all diesel engines.
I feel like it should be added to the list.

https://dieselhpr.com/learn-more

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Bio diesel is horrible for your car DONT USE IT
That's a rather bold and unsubstantiated claim. It completely depends on the year and model of the engine. Yes, the common rail engines are not good with anything over B-20, and really don't like over B-5 long term. But the older TDIs are much more tolerant. Again, specific model engines tolerate it better than others. If I had an older TDI, say 2002 or older, I wouldn't have any problem using BD. And of course, when you get to the older indirect injection engiines, they run on almost anything that burns and BD is great in them.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We on the front range are down to only one place left I know of to get BD20 or BD100...SHOCO Oil off of US 85 north of I-270 in commerce city...

While B20 is only running as much as prem, gas there.....B100 is over ~$5 a gal...I usually go up there getting 4 or 5 5.5 gal containers to mix in over time to keep the fuel system clean & for the way my 99.5 runs better on it compared to regular D2.....

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I wished 2 heck I had someplace close I could go buy some biodiesel that was remotely close, and wasn't overpriced. I like the idea of running anywhere between B5 and B20 just cuz it's good for the parts that it runs through as a great cleaner and of course the higher lubricity.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I wished 2 heck I had someplace close I could go buy some biodiesel that was remotely close, and wasn't overpriced. I like the idea of running anywhere between B5 and B20 just cuz it's good for the parts that it runs through as a great cleaner and of course the higher lubricity.
What happened to the place in Minden? I used to fuel up there on my way to Reno. The last time about 5 years ago.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Their retail operation is closed. The still make Bio-d they just ship it to other resellers. Now if I want Bio-d I have to drive to Reno to get it. Now that the I-580 is online, a trip to Reno that used to take 60 minutes (on a clear day) now takes right at 20 minutes. I am very lucky now as I live 5 minutes away from the new on-ramp in the south end of Carson City.

Shadow040

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2009 Touareg V6 TDI
Same story in Oklahoma. The one that's listed doesn't show it has bio. And every website I've checked shows biodiesel being sold at various locations that are either closed or don't exist or their websites don't list bio.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I know that Propel's Diesel HPR does not contain biodiesel but it's made from renewable biomass (98%!!) and is available in California in a few locations. Also it meets all specifications so can be used in all diesel engines.
I feel like it should be added to the list.

https://dieselhpr.com/learn-more
Thanks for this, I found a location about 30 minutes away and I will try it out!

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)

While I have no idea how up to date their info is, they show one Bio-D dealer in Horsham, PA. That's the only dealer shown in PA, period. From Philly, it looks like New York and Baltimore are the next two closest locations. Not much available it appears.

DearHousem

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon

While I have no idea how up to date their info is, they show one Bio-D dealer in Horsham, PA. That's the only dealer shown in PA, period. From Philly, it looks like New York and Baltimore are the next two closest locations. Not much available it appears.
Thank you!

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thank you!
There is only one in the Denver area left now, "SHOCO Oil" in Commerce City CO.

Last I bought it from them fuel had not spiked in price yet, I paid ~$5 a gal for B99. Who knows what it cost now...

Today I paid $5.129 for D2 in Denver off of I-225 & 6th Ave... I paid $4.659 for RUG (85 octane) two days ago in the area.