www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old June 4th, 2019, 11:05   #1
captaintofuburger

TDI(s): 03 Golf TDI
Default Front Bumper Options?

Came out this morning to see someone backed into my JSW and smashed the front bumper and hood emblem in. The cover will have to be replaced. Will the euro spec golf R kit from ecs fit my jsw? Or if I go factory, has anyone ordered from vwpartsvortex.com? they have a cover for only $305.

Edit: Derp... says right on their page it will fit, don't know how I kept missing that. Does anyone know what needs to be done for coding?

Last edited by captaintofuburger; June 4th, 2019 at 11:15.
captaintofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:07   #2
ToBiN
Veteran Member

Here are pix of my 2011 JSW with the GTI front end on it. The only mismatch we could see is the pressed wheel well was thicker on the bumper cover than the fenders. If you zoom in you can see the difference was like half an inch or so.

I also installed the fogs and ordered the Euro headlight switch so it was wired like factory.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7039
ToBiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 13:52   #3
captaintofuburger

TDI(s): 03 Golf TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBiN View Post
Here are pix of my 2011 JSW with the GTI front end on it. The only mismatch we could see is the pressed wheel well was thicker on the bumper cover than the fenders. If you zoom in you can see the difference was like half an inch or so.

I also installed the fogs and ordered the Euro headlight switch so it was wired like factory.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7039
Oh awesome, yeah so my JSW doesn't have fogs, I looked into the euro swicth and adding them. Is that a PnP thing? Or is there coding? Honestly, I'm much better at mk3s, I don't know much how this car works. I found a good local shop I'm taking my mk4 to, I would assume they have a vag-com. All I own is the cheapie one, and a vag-can commander, which is a pretty sketch tool but I was able to code mk5s and b6's with it to some extent.
captaintofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote