JSW CPO 2yr/unlim war. coverage experiances

johnnyblaze99

TDI
2014 JSW
Being 5 years old, might need fill up freon. If it doesn’t improve then yeah you need RCV replaced by TSB at no charge plus fresh set of freon.

I got screwed with that dumb service writer saying it blows icy cold, duh! The car is in the garage and has a easy job to blow cold plus sitting for 2 weeks wont show symptoms. So I am NOT going back to that stealership thats full of dumb people that struggled with my car for 5 failed HPFP’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok thanks for the tip, maybe ill have them look at it anyways for $50

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Glad you found someone to replace your RCV - hopefully that is the fix your car needs.
I don't know what CPO booklet you received by IIRC mine specifically pointed out that it excluded exterior paint blemishes so you may be out of luck.
I would really be surprised if it doest fix it as it is a perfect match to tsb description. I never got a CPO booklet, that would be helpful.

Dang! Whats the TSB? So I will shove it in their throat with 2015 Passat. She kept being unreliable with AC such as driving as first start of the day it blows so hot while settings are for AC.

Ill try to get/post the tsb #. Sounds like your Passat fits the RCV issue too.

I believe that mine also needs a RCV.
My question is, my car is not a CPO so does the TSB still apply?
I wouldn’t mind doing the job myself but I’d need to take it to someone to have it recharged anyhow
TSB... technical service bulletin, is basically a known issue with the advised repair needed.

how can i check to ensure my AC unit is working properly. i feel like mine is not, but i don't want to send it in and it being ok due to me thinking its broken. i feel its not blowing as cold as it should on max settings.
My a/c for example would only go to 60* around town... after 10+ minutes sometimes. Colder @ freeeway speeds, but not much. These are some of the RCV symptoms. Just to make certain I keep an a/c probe type thermometer in the center vent so I can have complete detailed info for repair order. I've had way to many "lazy" diagnostic turnaways to play stupid. Pick up an a/c probe thermometer, it'll go along way to credit your issue

johnnyblaze99

TDI
2014 JSW
I would really be surprised if it doest fix it as it is a perfect match to tsb description. I never got a CPO booklet, that would be helpful.

TSB... technical service bulletin, is basically a known issue with the advised repair needed.

My a/c for example would only go to 60* around town... after 10+ minutes sometimes. Colder @ freeeway speeds, but not much. These are some of the RCV symptoms. Just to make certain I keep an a/c probe type thermometer in the center vent so I can have complete detailed info for repair order. I've had way to many "lazy" diagnostic turnaways to play stupid. Pick up an a/c probe thermometer, it'll go along way to credit your issue
Ill make sure i get one at the auto store. Thanks for the tip.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.

Ahh! Gotcha! Thank you! My JSW is showing similar behavior of not so cold during city driving then icy cold at highway speed. Passat kinda is doing the same and worse than my JSW. Passat also don’t blow air hard like my JSW do. Like literally half of the cfm flow differences. When she rode with me kn the JSW she goes like omg this car is so cold and blows harder.

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
See TSB at least for a '12 Sportwagen - but thinks it covers pretty much covers all the A and B cars from mid-2000s to current. TSB 87-18-05

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
See TSB at least for a '12 Sportwagen - but thinks it covers pretty much covers all the A and B cars from mid-2000s to current. TSB 87-18-05

Thanks!

TDI
2013 Sportwagen, 2001 NB
Hey guys... I purchased my 2013 JSW back in March with 41k miles as a CPO. It now has 51k miles. Its currently in the dealership for the following: Sunroof drains/headliner, dash separating, EGR Cooling code (flow), stored codes for the DSG, and some other items literally falling off (cabin air filter covers, wheel liner, etc).
They've had my car since May 15th but I know they didn't touch it until May 20th.
The dealership "couldn't duplicate" the leaking rear sunroof drains so they are trying to deny it despite the odor and stained headliner.... oh and I sent them pics taken on the 19th of it leaking after I washed it.
They are calling the dashboard a "trim" item not covered under warranty and are completely ignoring my claim that its a defective part. The best part is they are already removing it to get to the heater core(more on that next) so they have the labor part already covered.
The EGR code is supposedly being caused by a bad heater core which is necessitating the removal of the dash. Supposedly this heater core is attached to a structure inside the dash. I thought that was why they created the hatch door back with the Mk5 and B6 cars.... oh well its now a 10hr job again to replace a heater core.
They are completely ignoring me on the DSG codes saying there's no CEL for it. I laughed.... no, check the DTC's! In a few days it'll log a couple hundred "com" issues. That's not right, right? I have an ongoing case with a customer care advocate now. Fingers crossed.
Overall I'm starting to think getting a CPO was a bad idea as I definitely could have got one cheaper and wouldn't be into week two without my car. I'd likely have already deleted it with the same money, lol. With as many miles as I drive I'll be through this in a couple more months and will only have the standard emissions/etc warranty left which I would have had with a fixed car anyways.
CPO Expires at 66k miles
I called the number but they started rattling off dates of when parts of the warranty expired which is in direct conflict with the supposed 2 year unlimited mile warranty I was sold on at the dealer. Maybe I'm confused, but if I'm not, I'm not happy with VW.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh please they are messing with you and wasting your time, please do take your car to other dealership, that one deserves to be called stealership and call VWoA to file an complaint on them for playing games with you. CPO comes with 2 years unlimited warranty. They are being snaky with you.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Hey guys... I purchased my 2013 JSW back in March with 41k miles as a CPO. It now has 51k miles. Its currently in the dealership for the following: Sunroof drains/headliner,

The dealership "couldn't duplicate" the leaking rear sunroof drains so they are trying to deny it despite the odor and stained headliner.... oh and I sent them pics taken on the 19th of it leaking after I washed it.

They are completely ignoring me on the DSG codes saying there's no CEL for it. I laughed.... no, check the DTC's! In a few days it'll log a couple hundred "com" issues. That's not right, right? I have an ongoing case with a customer care advocate now. Fingers crossed.

Overall I'm starting to think getting a CPO was a bad idea as I definitely could have got one cheaper and wouldn't be into week two without my car. CPO Expires at 66k miles

I called the number but they started rattling off dates of when parts of the warranty expired which is in direct conflict with the supposed 2 year unlimited mile warranty I was sold on at the dealer. Maybe I'm confused, but if I'm not, I'm not happy with VW.
Maybe my sunroof experience will help. My CPO covered roof was very hard to open/close. It was binding badly. The sliders can get out of sink with a battery change or whatever. VW actually has a recalibrate procedure. They CPO'd the recalibration but unfortunately It was a new to me car and I didn't see the staining on various interior parts for whatever reasons. My argument was it wasn't a complete leak repair. Sunroof recalibrated/leak fixed but no further repair. I can live with minor stains I guess. Keep the pictures if you go further to VW. The more documentation the better

Seems like your dealership has unqualified writers or tech's. Try another one with good reviews. CPO's are great to have but bad dealerships or bad or undocumented approaches can spell failure.

Your dealer can print out a warrantee info. with exacts. My 2011 has 6 different ones. basic, emissions, exh. flap, clock spring, HPFP and one other? They all have different due dates miles but the printout will list those.

Get the bugs out youll love the car.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
A/C CPO coverage update:
Happy to report I found an intelligent dealership finally! Tracy VW. The service manager (Danny) actually listened to the problem. The tech diag., repaired & tested as per RCV TSB. immediately ICE cold!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow! How long did it take you to get it done?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow! How long did it take you to get it done?

1st visit it would have been done but they were out of the RCV. They had to order. Installed next visit in a couple hours

TDI
2013 Sportwagen, 2001 NB
Mine is going into a different dealership tomorrow. First dealership failed to repair the leaking sunroof as they couldn't repeat it, didn't replace the stained headliner, didn't look at my DSG faults, denied my dashboard replacement(VWofA told them it was a "trim piece" which isn't replaced under warranty) and although they replaced my heater core to fix the coolant issue for the EGR, I received EGR codes and an MIL 40 miles later for insufficient flow and implausible signal. I was glad to get a new heater core for $50 but I'm not at all pleased with the CPO warranty's effectiveness in dealing with my situation. The first dealership was Fields VW in Daytona Beach. I'll be taking it to O'Steen VW in Jacksonville Florida tomorrow. I'll report back later.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine is going into a different dealership tomorrow. First dealership failed to repair the leaking sunroof as they couldn't repeat it, didn't replace the stained headliner, didn't look at my DSG faults, denied my dashboard replacement(VWofA told them it was a "trim piece" which isn't replaced under warranty) and although they replaced my heater core to fix the coolant issue for the EGR, I received EGR codes and an MIL 40 miles later for insufficient flow and implausible signal. I was glad to get a new heater core for $50 but I'm not at all pleased with the CPO warranty's effectiveness in dealing with my situation. The first dealership was Fields VW in Daytona Beach. I'll be taking it to O'Steen VW in Jacksonville Florida tomorrow. I'll report back later.

Try Sanford. They know their stuff.

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
I just got my car back from having the dash replaced and the rear window regulator as well.

The car is a bumper to bumper warranty so yes, a trim piece that failed counts.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I just picked up a 2014 CPO TDI sport wagon with 38K miles on it. One week later, battery is dead, I have found that the inside mirror seems to have a "memory" position that it keeps returning to and I have the dash lifting above vents. Dealer says to bring in car to check out battery, no go on warranty repairs for dash and mirror. I am not sure I want to drive 2 hrs to dealer with questionable battery, if I can get it started. While looking on how to remove the battery to change it myself. I found a hose that connects to the bottom of the air filter box that was not connected. So my car has been breathing unfiltered air for at least 400 miles since I picked it up. Doesn't look like warranty is worth the paper it is printed on and after finding hose disconnected, I am not sure I trust dealer to work on car anyway. Dealer did replace, all 4 tires, F&R brake pads, F&R brake rotors, all filters and filled AC system with freon before I picked it up.

TDI
2013 Sportwagen, 2001 NB
I just got my car back from having the dash replaced and the rear window regulator as well.

The car is a bumper to bumper warranty so yes, a trim piece that failed counts.

I would tend to agree with you but VWofA doesn't.... and I've now had it at two dealerships trying to get this done. If you took it to the dealership where you bought it, I believe that may be part of the reason you got it fixed. The dealership I bought mine at is 3.5 hours away. I've called them and they say they'll replace it if I don't get this dealership to. I am debating the ride over there..... but I'll have to have it in writing first lol.

Overall I'm convinced a CPO is not necessarily a good thing on these cars if they're going to give us this much trouble. I could have bought a non cpo with 20-30k more miles for literally half the price. I even found my mom's old car for sale on the market recently locally and could have bought it (perfect babied car). I can fix the roof drains and swap the dash myself but its a matter of principle to me since I paid for the CPO warranty. The emissions, engine, DSG transmission warranties that already apply after the fix likely cover the items that will go bad and trust me I'm deleting (fixing the fix) this car after the 2 year warranty.

Funny thing is I'm driving a '19 1.4 Jetta loaner and its faster than my TDI and its getting better mileage than the TDI.

TDI
2013 Sportwagen, 2001 NB
I just picked up a 2014 CPO TDI sport wagon with 38K miles on it. One week later, battery is dead, I have found that the inside mirror seems to have a "memory" position that it keeps returning to and I have the dash lifting above vents. Dealer says to bring in car to check out battery, no go on warranty repairs for dash and mirror. I am not sure I want to drive 2 hrs to dealer with questionable battery, if I can get it started. While looking on how to remove the battery to change it myself. I found a hose that connects to the bottom of the air filter box that was not connected. So my car has been breathing unfiltered air for at least 400 miles since I picked it up. Doesn't look like warranty is worth the paper it is printed on and after finding hose disconnected, I am not sure I trust dealer to work on car anyway. Dealer did replace, all 4 tires, F&R brake pads, F&R brake rotors, all filters and filled AC system with freon before I picked it up.
Bought my '13 with 41k three months ago, now has 52ish.... and the CPO is not paying off overall. The emissions warranty would have covered these. They replaced the same stuff on my car like brakes, filters, etc. My EGR and heater core have already been replaced.
I don't recommend buying a CPO for those that are listening.

03GolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW DSG and '11 JSW DSG
On the other hand I have had pretty good CPO experience so far and it has paid for itself prob 2x over as I know the pano sunshade is not a cheap repair. $50 deductible got me a new pano sunshade, new drivers side A/C vent and a new RCG valve in the a/c compressor on the '12.

The '11 is going to need a new headliner at some point (starting to sag around the sunvisors) but going to wait until the CPO warranty is almost up to get that done. Only thing the '11 has needed was a new passenger front wheel speed sensor (selling dealer did not charge deductible as it started causing issues 3 days after purchase).

CheapBastard

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
I probably saved 2 or 3 thousand by not buying CPO, I have a shade tree mechanic if anything goes wrong that I can’t handle, I figure by saving $3000 I can get a lot of wrenching done if need be

crxgator

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta BRM 5 speed
I would tend to agree with you but VWofA doesn't.... and I've now had it at two dealerships trying to get this done. If you took it to the dealership where you bought it, I believe that may be part of the reason you got it fixed. The dealership I bought mine at is 3.5 hours away. I've called them and they say they'll replace it if I don't get this dealership to. I am debating the ride over there..... but I'll have to have it in

I brought it to the dealer by me. The dealer I bought it from is 6 hours away.