Good Diesel Mechanic Chicago

ema

TDI
None
Looking for a Good Diesel Mechanic in Chicago to work on my 1983 Quantum Turbo Diesel.

Thanks

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Try miks tdi in Lake Villa. He gets good reviews from people here. Hes also a member.
BTW not to call you out but cross posting is frowned upon here. Others here wouldn't have been as civilized.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Dupage Auto Werks?

What do you need done to your 1983 Quantum TD? Lots of places can do lots of things.

ema

TDI
None
I think I need the injection pump messed with? Or a vacuum leak found...

It will start and run but then will die.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Well if it's a 1982 you should really replace all the vacuum lines anyway, I'd say. Our 2000 NB is on the verge of needing that done already.

As far as the IP, you're best off sending it to a shop what does proper work on them. There's a Bosch-certified shop up near Portage that can repair them.

But it sounds like what you really need is some proper diagnosis.

longhair61

TDI
03 GOLF 1.9TDI. 4dr
were is this TDI shop in Lake Villa,im close2 it

TT71 said:
Try miks tdi in Lake Villa. He gets good reviews from people here. Hes also a member.
BTW not to call you out but cross posting is frowned upon here. Others here wouldn't have been as civilized.

I just picked up a 03 golf tdi and will need someone soon to change timing belt and go over car ,before long ,first diesel 4 me .

Is it MIKES TDI SHOP? TIA Longhair terry

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Longhair you have 2 choices being you are in Wisconsin. There is Jasontdi in Madison.
JasonTDI Repair
920 Stewart St
Madison, WI 53713
(630) 334-0540
jsd 13 @ charter . net

There is Mikstdi in Lake Villa.
MiksTDI
Matthew Miks
355 woodhill lane
Lake Villa, IL 60046
BigMiks@Hotmail.com

dariod

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
TT71 said:
Longhair you have 2 choices being you are in Wisconsin. There is Jasontdi in Madison.
JasonTDI Repair
920 Stewart St
Madison, WI 53713
(630) 334-0540
jsd 13 @ charter . net

There is Mikstdi in Lake Villa.
MiksTDI
Matthew Miks
355 woodhill lane
Lake Villa, IL 60046
BigMiks@Hotmail.com

I can vouch for both of these guys they are great and know these cars inside out. Which ever one you chose you will make you TDI run for a long time and and the lowest cost out there. Just make sure you give them call ahead because they are busy (like 6 cars) waiting for work.

longhair61

TDI
03 GOLF 1.9TDI. 4dr
thanks you 2 for help i will get ahold of guy in lake villa ,cause i do busness there with steves trans shop in town ,car has 120k onit so i noticed rear pass wheel is slanted and when costing down road i here what sounds like bad wheelbearing, frront sounds noisy also so i need to get the bugs out of car soon ,before winter sets in im in western kenosha cnty. ttyl longhair

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
FWIW Matt is busy with some issues from what I hear so give him some time to respond.

fyter889

TDI
99.5 and 2003 Jetta
Hey guys and gals! I am terribly sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am a master VW and Master Guild Audi Tech based in ROCKFORD, IL. I am currently an Audi tech but I do VW work at home, I am a TDI nut and own two, as well as a 69 type 3 squareback. It was suggested to me by Aaron at Boraparts to let people know to contact me for quality honest work near the Chicagoland area. If I can't do it at home I will tell you up front. My labor rates are $50 per hour, I go off of Chilton/Mitchell labor times. Please pm me or text me at (815) 519 1674 for service. Please indicate your name, and mention TDI CLUB when texting. Thanks, and happy motoring!