www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old June 14th, 2019, 00:49   #1
bmc1980
Default part number - cap by door handle

Does anyone know this part number? If you're looking right at the door handle (esp. the rear door handle) on a 2014 JSW with convenience opening (no keyholes), it is that small cap piece to the right (or left depending on the side of the car you're on) that finishes the door handle (if that makes sense). My 2014 JSW is missing the cap on the passenger side rear door. The dealer I bought it from ordered the part, but it was the wrong part number, as the cap had a little dimple in it (from what I can see, that dimple is only on the cap if the car doesn't have the convenience opening feature, meaning the driver's side door has a conventional key hole). I've looked on vwpartscenter.net using my VIN, but I'm not sure its the right part. The dealer that ordered it before using my VIN ordered the wrong piece. Please advise...

*edit to post - the piece that was originally ordered that isn't correct can be seen here:

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_20...839879GRU.html

As you can see, the cap piece has a small dimple in it for your thumb. Again, the cap on my 2014 doesn't, yet, when I put in my VIN number, this is the part that comes up.

Last edited by bmc1980; June 14th, 2019 at 01:03.
bmc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:12   #2
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Are the parts guys that dumb? Seriously, the only other choice, which is RIGHT NEXT TO THAT PART in ETKA, is:

1K5-837-880-GRU

google THAT part number, see if it looks like what you want. I'll bet it is.
Old June 14th, 2019, 07:31   #3
bmc1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Are the parts guys that dumb? Seriously, the only other choice, which is RIGHT NEXT TO THAT PART in ETKA, is:

1K5-837-880-GRU

google THAT part number, see if it looks like what you want. I'll bet it is.
Sorry, Iím a newbie here - what is ETKA?

I googled that part number, and the only one that came up was on eBay - it does appear to be the correct part, however, when I search it on vwpartscenter.net it doesnít recognize the number.

Itís actually a little confusing, because it says part number 1K5839879GRU fits my vehicle, and it doesnít, because the cap for that part number has the thumb dimple, which I donít want.
Old June 14th, 2019, 07:35   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Here:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...iz.Ez1cdGdMGm8

ETKA is the Volkswagen parts software.

Just spoon feed them the number I gave you, and have them order that.

It will need to be painted to match your car. The 'GRU' suffix means it is in primer. That is short for "grundierung", which is the German word for primer.

Old June 14th, 2019, 20:26   #5
bmc1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Here:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...iz.Ez1cdGdMGm8
ETKA is the Volkswagen parts software.
Just spoon feed them the number I gave you, and have them order that.
It will need to be painted to match your car. The 'GRU' suffix means it is in primer. That is short for "grundierung", which is the German word for primer.
Thanks for your assistance - I had a VW dealer order the part, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Unfortunately, the dealers don't do the painting, but they have body shop partners I could take it too. Given the tiny size of the piece, I'm hoping it is something they could just do for me on the spot, without much waiting. It shouldn't take very long, but you never know...I'm just anxious to get this cap piece on, as having it missing is an eyesore.