2009 Jetta TDI 52K miles Best offer!

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GSW, 12 Pass SEL, Tesla MS
I'm getting ready to trade my car in for a 2012 passat. I would rather give a member here a great deal than the dealer on trade.

I have 52k commuting miles on my car. Yet its all hwy driving. Also I have an extended warranty from VW until 100k and all service was done by them. new tires, tinted windows and Volcal bluetooth, sunroof and Iphone conection. Manual, No Nav, platinum gray all other options. I have all service records.

Anyway, I am looking at Jan 2012 delivery for the Passat SEL TDI, if this is something that interests you or a friend hit me up and Ill give you more information. I am in no pressure to sale and i hold the title.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
trade?

Did you think of possible trading it in? If you do-you're saving sales tax on the difference between the two vehicles and not the whole enchilada. See if you can work a deal- it could save you a bunch.:D

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you think of possible trading it in? If you do-you're saving sales tax on the difference between the two vehicles and not the whole enchilada. See if you can work a deal- it could save you a bunch.:D

thanks for responding, I have a great trade-in price already, however why give it away to the dealer if I can help fellow club member out especially if the timing is right. Maybe you can help pass help pass the word?

By the way sales tax here in California is calculated on the actual vehicle purchase price, not the purchase price minus the trade-in. I'm left scratching my head on why think I can save on sales tax? I don’t know… what I can tell you, I write off the sales tax and the registration fee’s.

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
Curious what the dealer is offering you.

I'm getting a pretty consistent offer of $16000-$16500 from a few diff dealers on my 09 TDI with 42,000 miles 6m.

I happen to think these offers are low, but at least in NJ the trade in price is deducted from the sales price and you save on the tax.

Anyone interested in my TDI I have pics here and send me a PM.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=332922

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
Here in Illinois we get the tax-trade-in credit deal too BUT I would still stand to get more with the just selling outright (most usually do)

I'd rather not let a dealer make money of my used car if I can avoid it (just my own personal preference) and I suspect the same thinking of the OP in this case.

The only time(s) I have done a dealer trade is when a) I knew of problems and wanted to let the dealer address it rather then fix to resell b) convenience and a not-so-easy-to-sell car (such as a 1998 2 dr base Neon I traded in would have been too much of a PITA to try to sell on my own due to the known head gasket issues with the Neon at the time despite mine not having any issues at all at trade-in time)

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
Curious what the dealer is offering you.

I'm getting a pretty consistent offer of $16000-$16500 from a few diff dealers on my 09 TDI with 42,000 miles 6m.

I happen to think these offers are low, but at least in NJ the trade in price is deducted from the sales price and you save on the tax.

Anyone interested in my TDI I have pics here and send me a PM.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=332922

I have a solid offer at $16K from the dealer, I am gettng a great deal on the passat and the offer stands until delivery in January.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Just an FYI...and a question. I'm in the DC area, high-rent district...My 2009, red, beige, RNS-510, sunroof, DSG...33k miles...mint...dealer has offered me $17k, and discounting the 2012 Passat SEL TDI $500 below invoice...

How does that sound? I'd like to make more on the sale, but wonder if I should just go for it.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
FYI: Carmax offered me $16k...I'm sticking with the dealer offer of $17k...and $500 below invoice on the Passat SEL Premium. Their used-car sales will make a killing on my car...if they can sell it!

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
can one of you guys send me a copy of the bill of sale for 500 below invoice on the Passat TDI SEL?

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm not sure it would help you...you're on the left coast, and...well...i can't imagine anyone out there cares what we're paying for our cars here!
When the sale is completed (probably Tuesday), I'll PM you.