Theos Audi A4 B7 Quattro

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Hi
I thought it would be fun to show my second TDI project here on TDIClub.:)
Its a 2008 Audi A4 2,0 TDI 170 (PPD) Avant Quattro. It has 95000km on it and I have daily-driven a little over 20000 of them the last year.

The car have pretty good options, both in and outside and I realy like it as it is. But as usual when I bought something its not enough.
A Few weeks after I bought it I started with a DPF delete. I made a Steinless 2,5" downpipe that 100% replaces the DPF, all sensors is in place and so. Also EGR was plugged between exhaust manifold and EGR cooler.
Davy, DVX Performance helped me with the software and the car runs great since with ~200hp...
...But now I want more from my daily driver!
My plan is to get 300hp and still feel that I can do long trips with it without fear for engine failure.
To bad I have this sucky Simens ECU in the car! But I realy wanted this model of car and in my country this PPD engine or old 2,0 8V PD was the only alternatives...
Ive been looking a little into converting to Bosch and all help on that is greatly appreciated!
I have a spare PD140 engine with lots of goodies like a ported head (MarkoP), I profile rods, Sachs clutch and solid flywheel etc.
I will start the rebuild of this engine pretty soon and will show pictures gradually when things happen.
Hope this project can enjoy someone.

Theo

Last edited:

MarkoP

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 BKD 140hp
Sweet looking ride.
I have been avoiding Red cars, but that looks great with matt black details, not girly at all =)

Nozzles have been problematic to get much over 300hp, but I believe RyanP might have something bigger than bosio race nozzles if you go with conversion.

Will this replace A3, or remain as daily driver?

Good luck with build, ques this will be interesting to follow based on you previous project =)

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I just did a similar car but then with the 2.7l, also manual box. does around 80 mg in midrange, which is well over 600Nm, stock clutch doesnst slip (yet)

also interested to know if there are decent bigger nozzles then r1287+ for this engine (BKD then, bosch equivalent)

Jake_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI/DSG; 05 Jetta Wagon auto (retired)
Oh how I love wagons. To bad the US does not have many diesel wagons to choose from.

Jake

turbo johan

Veteran Member
Great car.
Bosch ecu conversion is not really difficult.
I've done one.

Good luck with the build.

Johan

JTT

Veteran Member
TDI
ARL
really nice car and great engine,
red only looks bad at old ford fiesta and similar :D

what turbo would you like to go for ?

regards

gtb2260vk

TDI
2.0 TDI 16V BMN
i Think, that the head from a 170 PPD is better then the head from a 140 PS PD.. :D

Change to a GTB2260vk, it will work perfekt for dealy drive !

I got 307 HP with the siemens ECU, so its not necesary to change the ecu :D

Good Luck !

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
Sweet looking ride.
I have been avoiding Red cars, but that looks great with matt black details, not girly at all =)
Nozzles have been problematic to get much over 300hp, but I believe RyanP might have something bigger than bosio race nozzles if you go with conversion.
Will this replace A3, or remain as daily driver?
Good luck with build, ques this will be interesting to follow based on you previous project =)
Hi Marko I dont think it looks to girly eather:) It is and will still be a daily driver. A3 is only for track/ice use now.
Yes there might be some nozzles, and I can wait some time for that and maybe there are something good by then.. Need to have something thats good enough for your great cylinderhead!
I just did a similar car but then with the 2.7l, also manual box. does around 80 mg in midrange, which is well over 600Nm, stock clutch doesnst slip (yet)
Great! I guess the V6s have beefier clutch than 4cyl?
I really wish we got the A4 Avant here in TDI flavour.
Oh how I love wagons. To bad the US does not have many diesel wagons to choose from.
Jake
Maybe VAG wants the best for them selves in europe:)
VERY nice car!!
love the black trims !
JW
Thank you! Your car is way better and a realy good motivation! I hope to have a similar engine in the end:)
Great info
Thats nice info,
I will send you a PM Johan.
really nice car and great engine,
red only looks bad at old ford fiesta and similar
what turbo would you like to go for ?
regards
Thank you very much! I'm not sure about turbo yet, but I will build the manifold myself. A BB turbo would be somethng;) EDIT. Are you going to build kits for longitud 16V engines also?
Are they the 19" ultraleggera's? I have the 18" and love em
Yes its OZ Ultraleggera HLT 8,5x19 ET35.. I love quality rims! Or you could say hate ****-rims.
Nice ride Theo!
Thanks!
i Think, that the head from a 170 PPD is better then the head from a 140 PS PD.. :D
Change to a GTB2260vk, it will work perfekt for dealy drive !
I got 307 HP with the siemens ECU, so its not necesary to change the ecu :D
Good Luck !
I think they are the same. Anyway I have a ported head already that I think have big potential.
Its great you got much power! I want that to but also want everything the way I want it so hopefully things are not to stressed at that powerlevel. And I beleve Bosch is the way to go then.
Theo

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
dunno if they have better clutch, must be altough, it really supises me it doesnt slip..

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Love those wheels! VERY nice! But then I should as my Skoda runs on the "even lighter" Superleggeras from OZ. Love them!

Demon Diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.0TDI 6spd manual
I really wish we got the A4 Avant here in TDI flavour.
What do you mean? I have one and I'm only 50Kms south of you. :D

Forgive my rookie question but is the PPD simply Seimens and PD is Bosch?
And when you say you have a PD140 is that the 8v or 16v?

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
What do you mean? I have one and I'm only 50Kms south of you. :D
Forgive my rookie question but is the PPD simply Seimens and PD is Bosch?
And when you say you have a PD140 is that the 8v or 16v?
PPD is 16V Pump Düse with piezo injectors and Siemens ECU instead if Bosch.
PD140 is mainly 2,0 16V but VAG also did 2,0 8V with 140hp.

Theo

Demon Diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.0TDI 6spd manual
Ok so the extra P is Piezo. Is it only Siemens that does PPDs?
So I take it you have a 16V PD140 as a spare. I used the 8V "PD140" for my conversion because it is the only 2.0L PD that was avaliable here in North America. It's actually a PD134 (100KW) technically. Is there much of a difference between the 8v and 16v PD140s? My guess is you get a little better power at higher RPMs.

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
I think so yes.
Correct, I have a 16V PD140 from a Audi A6 enginecode BRE as a spare.
There is still more "tuningparts" for 8V but 16valves have its positive things ofcourse... I hope to find nozzles that flows MUCH.

Theo

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
I have some 100%+ Flow BKD nozzles here, a set in a car im tuning now work very well!

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
Thats great news Ryan, dont get to surprised if you got 4 injectors from Sweden in your mailbox in not to long time...

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Ruben, I've had these custom made, will be getting them listed on the website ASAP for a little more than the 30%+ we already sell, I have 3 sets without a home but can get them turned around in less than a month if we need more!.

Theo, not a problem, will be a good project to try them on!

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
Turbo Turbo Turbo what turbo should I use?

I have been thinking alot about this and its much happening right now on the tuningmarket.

I use a normal GTB2260VK in my Audi A3 and im realy happy with it. The only thing I dont like so much is that it feels like its on the limit.

In my A4 I want something that can produce 300hp and still not being on the edge of compressormap. Thats realy easy! The question is just how much I want to suffer down low.
Since this is a daily driven car I dont want to suffer anything but ofcourse I know Im going to. Lets say a little under GTB2260VK performance down low is ok but "responsiveness" is important for me.

What do you guys think about it?

Theo

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
need more compressor than 60mm.. the bmw fxx have really big ass turbine housing. so that would def help. the 2056vzk I have has .92 turbine. so such a housing with a vklr chra and slightly bigger compressor as JTT pointed out would be the recipe, but is far from off the shelf

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah that sounds realy good Ruben.. But with prices on new and also used parts here in my country that is impossible to do. And I dont think there are so many companies here that can balance them after, and then again prices.. local scrapyard wants 1800euro for a used VKLR, hahaha.

I dont want to but might need to wait a little to see what some guys come up with.. I want to weld manifold:)