TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Congratulations to the Washington, DC area for being select hosts of TDIFest 2009.

TDIFest 2009 will be held in Washington, DC (Dulles), on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6th) and will be headed by the following people:

Lead Organizers: Lawson Earl (VeeDubTDI), Deisha Carsner (lildevildee), and Chad Pagels
(airwolf)
Committee Members: Jason Perkins (compu_85), Greg Martin, Frank (LilredTDI), Tom
Walker (tomo366), Sudhir (sudseh), Andrew Cook (kromicacid).

I'll be posting more this week from the proposal and we anticipate having registration up and running in early in the new year once a few more items/schedules are tweaked.

Congratulations to the this years crew!

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Excellent! :D I look forward to seeing you all there. And it's close enough to my parents that I might actually be able to stop in for a visit to see them too! Woo Hoo! :D

good luck! It's gonna be hard work with 3 organizers, but I think you'll be able to pull if off. I'll be around to help answer questions if you guys need some answers.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Good work Lawson. It will be a lot of work but worth it. Keep the team together.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
yay!

I can probably make this one again..

who wants to split a room :)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Congratulations fellow fest organizers. :D Now the real fun gets to begin.:eek:

Keep watching this area of the forum as I am sure there will be many exciting announcements as soon as the 'planners' get some things sorted out.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
There are a few more folks on the committee, some with a bit of past Fest experience... :D

Last edited:

Route 66

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW
Thanks to all who stepped up to the plate to make this possible. My wife, Trish, is very happy as she was considering flying down there this spring to visit a good friend of hers. Instead, we'll both be there for Labor Day weekend. Works perfectly for us!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Awesome! Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far, and thank you to everyone who has offered help in the future! If you're interested in pitching in, send me a PM and post in this thread. :cool: I'll be contacting people shortly about various items.

There are a few other people on the committee, including Keith (meganuke), and Luke (mdfirefighter). I'm sure other people will want to offer assistance, too... so expect the organizer's list to be a work in progress.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Thank you everyone for the congrats and offers to help. I am sure that I will be talking to many of you shortly to inquire about past experiences :)

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
Im goign to have to make it out there this year...i missed the 2 years ago when it was close, dont want to miss this one :D

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
AWESOME! Just three months after I'm transferring out of DC. ;) But I still expect to be stationed in VA and able to attend. :cool:

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
It's just that the HHR's look so out of place at these events; witness the scene in Ohio, in which there was one HHR in a sea of VW's.

But then again, GM shares haven't been the subject of a recent short squeeze, have they? :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Labor Day is a long way off... tomo will probably have gone through at least two more new cars by then. :p

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
tomo366 said:
Does this mean I will have to bring one of the TDI's to this years FEST????
It's been a three day event in the past, a diesel-a-day?

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
VeeDubTDI said:
Labor Day is a long way off... tomo will probably have gone through at least two more new cars by then. :p
Naw. It takes him at least a year of posting his car for sale/not for sale before he actually does anything ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
tomo366 said:
LOL.......Keep it up.......I can guarantee you that everyone who purchased one of my TDI's got a great car!!! and several are still here!!
Okay Tom, we'll leave you alone. I don't want you getting all grumpy and boycotting Fest. ;)

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Woo hoo, I'm psyched. Congratulations guys! My brother is in Rockville, MD so it should be a sweet vacation for us. Where is the registration page? :) :) :)

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
I went through withdrawals when we left the OH8 Fest; had to wait weeks to go to a GTG; now I'm waiting for the Spring GTG, let alone the '09 Fest!
Kristina

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Don't worry Tom, it'll be up before May 28th. ;)