Car lock beep quiet?

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Our 2011 Jetta TDI we turned in had a pretty loud beep when you locked the car, so you know it was locked. This 2015 Passat TDI beep sounds really quiet. Is that the way they made them? Before when I pressed the lock button on the Jetta I could hear if it locked or not from inside the house, but with the Passat I have to go into the garage or I won't know if it locked or not.

Just been curious about this since I haven't found anyone else with a 2015 Passat.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Our 2015 is a lot quieter than our 2013, and I had wondered if the beeper was bad myself. Sounds like they might just be like that . . .

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I checked my wife’s 2017 Passat and the beep is pretty loud compared to my 2015 Passat. I guess that’s just the way they made them then.

russdawg24

TDI
'13 Passat SEL w/DSG
I WISH mine was a bit more silent. My driveway is right below my neighbor's bedroom window and when I come home late I feel bad when it beeps.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
You can turn it off completely in the MFD as I recall . . . . my car (the loud one of our two) is currently completely silent . . . . could not stand what I think of as a 'car fa*t' just to lock it . . . the light flash is enough . . .

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I too noticed the beep on the 2015 Passat is just about right. My 2007 Dodge still startles me when I lock it. I've been meaning to figure out how to turn that one off for about 11 years now. I only remember after pissing everyone off within 25 feet of me.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
i updated my 2015 beep horn...the 2015 comes with a smaller horn, thats why its quiet. i just went to the scrap yard and picked a bigger horn from a 2008 gti. the horn is bigger so its a bit louder. i like it more. haha

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
ata confirm, on or off- I choose off. can still here the locks engage 20 feet away

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I turned mine off via VCDS, it's annoying to me to always hear the horn. I lock my door/s by touching the handle not via the key fob.

zcostilla

TDI
2012 Jetta, 2013 Jetta
I just bought. ‘15 Passat TDI, and my beep is significantly louder than the Kia I just sold to my son. I guess I gotta learn how to use VCD to silent it because I live in a quiet neighborhood next to one elderly lady and across from an elderly gentleman, and I hate the bought of waking them.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Mine was able to be turned off and on in the mfi, called ATA Confirm- Is this not in the menu anymore-- or maybe when I did the auto sunroof rain close I somehow also enabled the choice with vcds? I don't remember it though because I sure would have disabled the seatbelt as well