TDI veteran, now in Q5

hermantile

TDI
'06 Jetta Package 2 (gone) '14 Q5 TDI Premium Plus
I'm late to the party, but just got into a '14 Q5 as a replacement for my '06 Jetta. The old BRM was calling for a cam and a DSG flywheel. It had been totaled by hail so there I couldn't see a point investing that much in it and after convincing the wife we moved up. The Q is a 29K mile buy back car. AEM performed by Audi and inspected by my local dealer. Really happy so far, I don't know how it performed prior to the fix making me very happy with how it drives compared to the old Jetta.

b4bill

TDI
Jetta 05 silver, Passat 96 red (sold)
I'm late too, but hoping to join the party. Wifey loves her manual shift 05 Jetta TDI and it's going strong with only 150k miles, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 15 Q5 TDI - which is a wow, beauty and a beast!
The price, $26k (66k mi), seems like a bargain. Is that simply due to dieselgate? or does it mean this car has not been 'fixed'? How do I find out?
Bill

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I'm late too, but hoping to join the party. Wifey loves her manual shift 05 Jetta TDI and it's going strong with only 150k miles, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 15 Q5 TDI - which is a wow, beauty and a beast!

The price, $26k (66k mi), seems like a bargain. Is that simply due to dieselgate? or does it mean this car has not been 'fixed'? How do I find out?

Bill

Prices took a hit due to dieselgate, no question. Your opportunity. It’s unlikely the car did not go through the fix. Look for a sticker under the hood.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Bill
If you can't access the vehicle to look for the sticker but can get the VIN, use the link below.
https://audidiesellookup.com

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Prices took a hit due to dieselgate, no question. Your opportunity. It’s unlikely the car did not go through the fix. Look for a sticker under the hood.
I will be purchasing an A6/A7 TDI sometime this spring or summer.

Supposedly VW and Audi are starting to release more vehicles that are fixed as the new year starts. The pricing should go down more as more cars hit the market.

Don't quote me on this but I guess you can quote me on this. A friend owns a used dealership gave me this info so take with grain of salt.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I will be purchasing an A6/A7 TDI sometime this spring or summer.

Supposedly VW and Audi are starting to release more vehicles that are fixed as the new year starts. The pricing should go down more as more cars hit the market.

Don't quote me on this but I guess you can quote me on this. A friend owns a used dealership gave me this info so take with grain of salt.

I can see where they would release fixed Touareg and Q7 models from 2012 and earlier, but I don’t see how they would still be holding back 3.0 generation 2 models like A6’s. They would just be hurting themselves to do it. But what do I know.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I'm not clear on which vehicles were affected, but I think several Premium/Premium Plus A6/A7s (and maybe others) had a POD seat recall which kept dealers from selling new vehicles. I've read parts are just starting to arrive to clear the recall. 2016 A6 TDIs might have been affected? There doesn't seem to have been a shortage of 2014-2015 fixed vehicles on the market.

Last edited:

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
I can see where they would release fixed Touareg and Q7 models from 2012 and earlier, but I don’t see how they would still be holding back 3.0 generation 2 models like A6’s. They would just be hurting themselves to do it. But what do I know.
I think its specific to the 2016. Not sure. I do know four A6's with less then 300 miles on each, four different colors, popped up at an audi dealer in my area.

They were pricing them as new, ~$62+k. After sending an email asking for a real starting price it came down to $50k.

I'm set on buying a 2016 Audi A6 Prestige once the winter ends. Hoping price will come down a little if the market starts to see more cars.

But who really knows....it will be a long 4 months waiting this out for me though