ECU swap 68 msa15 to 121 edc15 manual created !

blueattack

TDI
Passat, Golf, Seat ibiza ...
hi guys,
my first real thread here, i've been reading a lot ... doing a lot of studying ...
I going to convert my golf mk1 into a tdi with an afn engine , but I want an edc15 on it ! So after looking around, I found all needed stuff !
I'm going to make an adaptor to fit the edc15 directly on the msa15 68pin harness !

Theoreticly everything is allmost ready but could you please help me with some little problems ...

Here are my wiring diagrams :

-MSA15 68pin (Ibiza EVO1 tdi AFN 110hp 93-99) http://www.lichtstoetvlijtingen.be/ECU/EVO1WIRING.rar
-EDC15 121pin (Golf MK4 tdi 90hp 98-06)
http://www.lichtstoetvlijtingen.be/ECU/EVO1WIRING.rarhttp://www.lichtstoetvlijtingen.be/ECU/golf4ALH2001edc15.pdf

My conversion guide :

-excell file with guide BETA version !!!!
http://www.lichtstoetvlijtingen.be/ECU/ECU_68to121_blueattack.xls

The problems I'm still facing :

-a few wires on edc15 not used yet in the excell file
- is the glow relay wiring ok ? K22
- is the MAF wiring ok ? because this is a different MAF
- I don't have an intake pressure on the MSA15 wiring harness ... how to solve ?
-Y102 wiring ? i don't now what it is on the edc15, something about variable intake ???
-instrument cluster wiring , could someone check this please ?

I hope you guys can help me doing the remaining ... then I can make the adapter and let you know the result of the tests !

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Intake pressure you will have to buy a map sensor and run wires for this yourself.

I will check others soon.

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Also, I believe you need to use a new style throttle pedal not the old style.

blueattack

TDI
Passat, Golf, Seat ibiza ...
I allready bought a new mapsensor ... but I'll add it to the tutorial !
I also have a new style throttle pedal ... but I want to try to use the old one ! it would be a good test if it works !

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Try it, there maybe a way you can alter the ecu to make it work.

As for can high and can low. If you are not running the ABS or cluster from the edc15 car just run it straight to your obd connector.

javizzz

TDI
Ibiza Sport 2000 ASV (110cv)
hi.......

i have sticked a 012 ecu (edc15vm+) into my 018 socket (edc15v)..........

it have no dtcs buy timing is always fixed at 38 and, of course, the engine wont work well at all..............

anyone knows why this can be append????????

i have trye two differents ecus..............

:(

drejck

TDI
golf3 1,9tdi 81kw
Hi.
Its a little old post but nowhere i cant find so can anyone explane what is better with edc 15vm,what are benefits...and are this diagrams and guide finished ,can i use them 100% for a guide?
Thanks

Law_Anderson

TDI
'02 Golf PD130, '97 Transporter T4 1.9TDI (1zVNT, EDC15)
Apologies for the thread resurrection; long time reader, first time poster. Did this ever get completed (specifically the 68 pin to EDC15) or was it consigned to the 'not-quite-possible'?

I'm about to undertake this myself, and am more than happy to record it all. Although that being said, if it's a non-starter I might save myself the time and effort!

Thanks.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Its definitely possible, you're better off grabing the bentley for both and figure it all out. I did mine that way. I'll have to see if I can find time one day to make a little guide.

Law_Anderson

TDI
'02 Golf PD130, '97 Transporter T4 1.9TDI (1zVNT, EDC15)
Thanks for letting me know.

So far, the only issue I can see is cruise control, given that the 68 pin and and the EDC (also MSA15 80pin) have mismatching lines for CC.

Like you say, I'd be best to try and source the Bentley manuals.

Thanks again.