Smog Check "Test Cycle"

wellis66

TDI
Q7
I am a new owner of an old Q7 TDI. It is an Audi exec lease that was turned in and had the "software update" applied for the TDI emission fix. My state requires that it be inspected and it failed for the Smog Check. I was told that the TDI fix requires that the vehicle be driven for more than 100 miles, and a set of pre-set samples. I have not been able to confirm that this is true and now the vehicle has gone over 100 miles. All the ODB entries are green except the PM Filter which says "has not completed test cycle"
Anyone know what the time or distance is for the "test cycle?"

wellis66

TDI
Q7
I am happy to say that my Q7 is now Smog test ready. I am not sure which of the two items made the PM Filter check go green. I changed when I started the vehicle after the 20th start and 300 miles driven. All the information I have found indicate that before the TDI Fix this should not have taken so many miles or starts. After my inspection pass, I will attempt to reset the codes again and see if I can test it again.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Yes, any major software update will reset the readiness monitors, and you'll have to drive for a bit to get them marked as PASS.

-J

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Same thing happened to me but worse. I basically went to get it smogged every week for a month after the fix until it finally was "emissions ready". Major hassle but finally got 'er done.