Vendor Accountability Thread

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Our Inventory Stocking Descriptions:

In Stock: Usually ships within 24 hours / one business day.

Ships in 1-3 days: This product is sourced from a local supplier and will usually ship within the time frame shown, meaning that your order would not ship from our location for at least 1-3 days. This is not to be confused with the transit time from our warehouse to your location from the time the order was placed.

Ships in 4-7 days: This product is sourced from a local supplier and will usually ship within the time frame shown, meaning that your order would not ship from our location for at least 4-7 days. This is not to be confused with the transit time from our warehouse to your location from the time the order was placed.

Direct Ship: Item ships from an alternate warehouse. Shipping times may vary per location.

Back Order: This part is currently on order with our supplier or manufacturer. We are unable to predict the exact date that this product will be available for shipment. Orders placed containing back ordered items will ship as soon as possible in their received order as product becomes available. An alternate or equivalent product may be available. Please contact the ECS Tuning Sales Team if you have any questions.

On Order (ETA): This product is currently on order with our supplier. An ETA (estimated time of arrival) will be listed on the description.

Special Order (ETA): This product is a special order item. This product will be ordered once your order has been placed. An estimated time of arrival (ETA) based on the expected delivery time from the vendor will be shown. Actual delivery time may vary.

I apologize for any delay or misconception, PM sent.

Andy

Misconception? I can read just fine, when something says 'ships in 2 days', I assume that means 'ships in 2 days', not 'backordered'. Posting definitions is mildly insulting.

And in the case of an internal organization issue like this, possibly notifying the customer would be a stellar approach.

I assue whomever is in charge of this part of the online store has been notified of the error? Maybe forward the above definitions to the individual who is in charge of that.

-Ken

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Our Inventory Stocking Descriptions:

In Stock: Usually ships within 24 hours / one business day.

Ships in 1-3 days: This product is sourced from a local supplier and will usually ship within the time frame shown, meaning that your order would not ship from our location for at least 1-3 days. This is not to be confused with the transit time from our warehouse to your location from the time the order was placed.

Ships in 4-7 days: This product is sourced from a local supplier and will usually ship within the time frame shown, meaning that your order would not ship from our location for at least 4-7 days. This is not to be confused with the transit time from our warehouse to your location from the time the order was placed.

Direct Ship: Item ships from an alternate warehouse. Shipping times may vary per location.

Back Order: This part is currently on order with our supplier or manufacturer. We are unable to predict the exact date that this product will be available for shipment. Orders placed containing back ordered items will ship as soon as possible in their received order as product becomes available. An alternate or equivalent product may be available. Please contact the ECS Tuning Sales Team if you have any questions.

On Order (ETA): This product is currently on order with our supplier. An ETA (estimated time of arrival) will be listed on the description.

Special Order (ETA): This product is a special order item. This product will be ordered once your order has been placed. An estimated time of arrival (ETA) based on the expected delivery time from the vendor will be shown. Actual delivery time may vary.

I apologize for any misconception about our "Inventory Stocking" but my records show an auto email notification was sent out on 7/24/14 about the OB. You have a PM, please check your inbox.

Andy
:confused:
There are a number of items on your site this very minute shown with "ships in 2 days". Clicking on the "?" next to the text shows "This product is normally available with our supplier and should ship in the time frame shown"

I see many good things on your site but am hesitant to order from you because of your poor performance recorded on this site. What will you do about that?

ECS Tuning

Vendor
TDI
Volkswagen
Misconception? I can read just fine, when something says 'ships in 2 days', I assume that means 'ships in 2 days', not 'backordered'. Posting definitions is mildly insulting.

And in the case of an internal organization issue like this, possibly notifying the customer would be a stellar approach.

I assue whomever is in charge of this part of the online store has been notified of the error? Maybe forward the above definitions to the individual who is in charge of that.

-Ken
Sadly each ETA can vary and but my records show an auto email notification was sent out on 7/24/14 at 3:28pm about the back order to let you know as soon as we are aware. Please use the contact email I sent you via PM for other further questions on this current order.

There are a number of items on your site this very minute shown with "ships in 2 days". Clicking on the "?" next to the text shows "This product is normally available with our supplier and should ship in the time frame shown"

I see many good things on your site but am hesitant to order from you because of your poor performance recorded on this site. What will you do about that?
As stated above each ETA can vary and this is something out of our control - Need me to double check on a part(s)? Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I would be glad to personally check on it.

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Well, we do have this,

6. No whining about petty issues, e.g., shipping was late, parts were back-ordered, item out of stock, price changes, wrong part shipped, etc. This stuff happens in every business. The world is imperfect, TDIClub's vendors included.
for obvious self-explanatory reasons.

:rolleyes:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, we do have this,

for obvious self-explanatory reasons.

:rolleyes:
IMO there is a difference between a vendor showing something as shipping in 2 days and then not having it for over a week. In this latest complaint about ECS their claim of notifying the customer via email that the item was backordered is being disputed.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
IMO there is a difference between a vendor showing something as shipping in 2 days and then not having it for over a week. In this latest complaint about ECS their claim of notifying the customer via email that the item was backordered is being disputed.
Another reminder.

3. Only first person accounts allowed.
There is a bit too much 'piling on' going on lately. It's only adding to the noise.

Thank you.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Another reminder.

There is a bit too much 'piling on' going on lately. It's only adding to the noise.

Thank you.
Who's piling on? A legitimate complaint was brought up and those of us who are interested in doing business with the vendor in question are following up before we purchase from them. Is that a problem in your opinion?

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
TOM. The point is the thread is for the individual having the issue. Not your opinion or issue. Follow the rules. It's not hard.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Enough. This thread is for individuals with first hand vendor issues. Post your inquiries in a private message to the vendor or in their thread in the vendor forum.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Done with Rock Auto. Ordered plenty of stuff from them over the years. Recently ordered brake pads. After waiting three days, the wrong ones arrived. That by itself is a petty issue and happens. When I called in and explained the issue, the computer jockey wanted to harp on me that it was my fault. Yes, Josh it is my fault. I f*cked up and trusted your online guide entering the year, make, model and drivetrain then Hit pads under the appropriate category and chazam wrong item arrived, :confused:. But hey, I appreciate your insistence on my being wrong, your unwillingness to listen and your hanging up on me. Nice.

When I went to the local Autozone, I think I figured out the problem (assuming the same system is used to obtain matching year parts). The pads in the machine for the 1998 tdi are wrong. You need to order the 1997 pads (O'Reilly's had them).

The bottom line Josh is that I do not know what it cost a company to lose a customer that has bought alot of stuff over the years from them, but I will never order anything from Rock Auto again.....period. It is the principle. Hang up on that dude ..............

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Done with Rock Auto. Ordered plenty of stuff from them over the years. Recently ordered brake pads. After waiting three days, the wrong ones arrived. That by itself is a petty issue and happens. When I called in and explained the issue, the computer jockey wanted to harp on me that it was my fault. Yes, Josh it is my fault. I f*cked up and trusted your online guide entering the year, make, model and drivetrain then Hit pads under the appropriate category and chazam wrong item arrived, :confused:. But hey, I appreciate your insistence on my being wrong, your unwillingness to listen and your hanging up on me. Nice.
When I went to the local Autozone, I think I figured out the problem (assuming the same system is used to obtain matching year parts). The pads in the machine for the 1998 tdi are wrong. You need to order the 1997 pads (O'Reilly's had them).
The bottom line Josh is that I do not know what it cost a company to lose a customer that has bought alot of stuff over the years from them, but I will never order anything from Rock Auto again.....period. It is the principle. Hang up on that dude ..............
Been there - noted in every one of my forum signatures - FYI. Advance Auto will price match rockauto. Just call or chat online with them and pick it up locally.

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Recent BlauParts Experience

I have placed orders for a variety of parts for several of the vendors that do business here. No earth shattering amounts or costly stuff, but I do order and I like to try various vendors out and spread the little business I do around.

That said, I ordered some motor oil and some very reasonably priced fluid for my 09A automatic. Good prices and email notification of shipping. Package arrived in good condition and fairly quickly even though I chose the cheap method of shipping.

Opened the box. The contents were extremely well packed and organized. Pulled out the 5 liter oil jug, AOK. Started pulling out the 5 little quart bottles of trans fluid, which were in individual and sealed plastic bags (again, well packed). As I pulled out the third bottle I noticed the bag around the bottle was about 2/3 full of trans fluid (about a third of the bottle). No fluid leaked out of the bag or into the remaining contents of the box.

Went to the web site, read the policy on shipping snafu's and claims, followed that policy and let them know about what I had found. To be honest, I had ordered an extra quart bottle of fluid and since 2/3 of the bottle looked salvageable I didn't make a big deal of it or ask for a replacement.

BlauParts called me the very next day and asked what happened. I spoke to a very pleasant woman on the phone and told her what I found. I did not ask for a replacement bottle, and told her I would try and salvage what was left. I just wanted to let them know what happened.

Well, about 4 hours later, I opened up my personal email and saw a tracking number. A replacement bottle was on it's way.

All I can say is Thank You BlauParts for the excellent customer service you showed me. I will be back !!!

Thank you.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Major exaggerations Jason and still dissing me. I would stop while your ahead.
Jason has taken care of hundreds of us on here. I would take his word over some random Joe any day of the week. Plus your story is sketchy where as his is full of details.

TDI
2002 Beetle TDI
MJM Auto Haus Problem never recieved order or credit

I had the same problem. No parts no credit.

MJM you can call 210 924 8324 for more info on my first and last order.

thanks

Another issue coming up with MJM Autohaus. Ordered some strut mounts on 8 August. About a week later, I received a call that the parts would be shipping in the next few days as they had a large call for these parts and had to restock. None of this information is available on their website about backorders. But good service so far.

To date, nothing has shown up and my order is still showing "pending" on their website.

Two days ago, I called them to get some information as to where the parts are. No answer so I left a message with name and phone number. No response though its been a couple of days. Nothing said about them being on vacation or other issues.

I guess the games have started. I'm close to initiating the chargeback. I don't have the time or inclination to deal with this kind of customer service, never mind the type of responses they came up with to Tom earlier in this post. Unfortunately, I only found out about these issues after he made mention above and I read about the issues with this vendor.

At this point, it would seem this vendor has gone downhill. Can't recommend at this point.

Update on this vendor. ( 9 September 2013)
I filed a Paypal claim. (Pay attention here.) I filed the dispute and received an answer from MJM. They seemed to have the part in stock all of a sudden and offered to send. Based on their BBB feedback of not sending out items ordered and then even though they agreed on a refund, they never followed up with that refund, I declined their offer. They actually sent the money back...in an echeck. This would take 3-5 business days to clear and upon that payment, Paypal closed the case! Remember that when you pay, the money is generally taken out of your account immediately.
Tonight I'm informed that the echeck in effect BOUNCED. Paypal has told me it will be another 3-5 days. I've now filed a complaint with Paypal as their policy seems to be that you can't reopen a case that's been closed. I've based my argument on the fact that Paypal closed the case, not me, therefore, this policy does not apply here.
Am I going to get anywhere? I doubt it, but we'll see. Its not enough to file a small claims case but I have friends in San Antonio where MJM operates out of.

Update 10 September:
Emailed and called Paypal, making them aware of the issues. Though they are going to give this vendor some more time (another 10 days) to come up with the funds, they confirmed my case was actually not closed. That's good news. Further, like a chargeback they have a hold on the money and will be refunding one way or the other, according to the agent on the phone. We'll see. Read the Better Business Bureau cases on line about non delivery and the issues this vendor has. It truly is a litany of sad dealings.

propayne7

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Buzzken & AARodriguez Corp.

Posted this in the Buyer/seller feedback thread, another member suggested I post it here as well.

I purchased Buzzken's downpipe for a CR 2.0 TDI from AARodriguez Corp. on December 31, 2014. It was on my doorstep by Wednesday, January 7, 2015. I consider 7 days a very good turnaround time, especially with the New Year's holiday falling in between the time I ordered the part and the time I received it.

Also, I sent my ECU to AARodriguez Corp on Wednesday, January 17 for a Malone Stage 2 upgrade. I received my reprogrammed ECU (overnight shipping) Friday morning, which was two days later.

Review: Buzzken's Downpipe
Fantastic piece of equipment. Very well made and fits damn near like stock. I followed the Rawtek instructions and ran into few problems installing the part.

Review: AARodriguez Corp
First, I am incredibly grateful for this company. I called a couple of days after ordering to make sure the downpipe had been shipped, as I wasn't sure if the shop would be taking a holiday after New Year's weekend. After I received and installed the part, I immediately shipped them my ECU. Again, I called to make sure the ECU had been received. Not only had they received my ECU, it had already been programmed and was already in the process of being shipped back to me.

I would fully recommend doing business with both Buzzken and AARodriguez Corp to anyone.

kevin_in_idaho

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Sportwagen DSG Pano White
OEMplus experience

I ordered some under seat trays from these guys 3 months ago. They were back ordered and they told me it'd take a month or so to get them. That was fine as I was going on vacation for a month, etc. Then they had some "container" issues from Germany and now they won't respond. I'll be contacting my credit card company soon if they last 3 e-mails don't get some response soon but I wanted to give a heads-up to others that they seem to have gone away and their customer service is terrible.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
sggabs,

You're car was likely the one they called me about begging for information and consultation on. Now I see why. Sorry for your troubles. Seems there is a lot of hacks in CA thinking they can fix cars much less TDI's.

Pretty sad really.

Sorry for your troubles.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
sggabs, what a bummer to hear you had such a bad experience with your five speed swap...went to a salvage yard today to fetch a quarter panel for a friend who lives in raleigh ... salvage yard was only thirty minutes from me, 1.5 hrs for my buddy... got there and the quarter was not cut nor was the car even in the bay for dismantling although this morning they told him they were in the process of cutting it during the conversation !!... this is after three previous promises to get it cut friday, monday, and tuesday ... guy at the counter swore up and down he didn't promise to get it done any of those days ... my bull$hit meter was at 100% because i know my buddy wouldn't send me there if they hadn't given assurance it would be ready :mad:... i asked if they were shorthanded ...his was reply was "no, we have $2,000,000 worth of parts on ebay" i'm like SFW?!?! you must be shorthanded and shortsighted to keep bs'ing customers ... whatever rant over ... i guess the lesson is don't promise what you can't deliver ...

Last edited:

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
sggabs,

You're car was likely the one they called me about begging for information and consultation on. Now I see why. Sorry for your troubles. Seems there is a lot of hacks in CA thinking they can fix cars much less TDI's.

Pretty sad really.

Sorry for your troubles.
this 100% .... friggen morons for sure

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I don't want to do this, but I have been wronged by drivbiwire.

A friend of mine had me send in his injectors and some nozzles that he bought to have them mounted and set up. Before I sent them I talked with Pete about what to choose with my friends setup on his car. I then paid for and sent in the injectors and the nozzles. Pete contacted me and told me that the nozzles were junk Chinese and he could not get them balanced and set up right.

I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff so I trusted him and told my friend. My friend said that he would figure out where they came from and figure out what to do.

He was dragging his feet so I sent a set of my nozzles to DBWLLC and talked with Pete about how to set them up. I also asked him to send back the first set of injectors and nozzles with my injectors. I received a set of rebuolt injectors but not the ones of mine that I sent. I contacted him and quickly returned them.

Then I found that the new nozzles that I originally sent in - the ones he said were Chinese junk - were not returned to me. I have been emailing him today to get them back but he insists that he has returned everything.

He has not. We talked about how these nozzles were Chinese junk and yet he insists that he doesn't have them. At this point I don't know what to do. I'll probably just have to eat it.

BigAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 A3
Curious. I did a hotswap with Kerma and my old injectors for my AHU were sent back to DBW. They got lost but Paul (RIP) and I split the difference on the deposit since I didn't follow up soon enough.

I had documentation that they had been received by DBW's shop but between DBW and Kerma, they went awol.

Paul was awesome in dealing with it so late after the fact, but maybe you got my injectors!

DH303

TDI
'01 Golf '99 Jetta
I was told from another member to put this on this thread after my experience. I drove my car to "thetdiguy" in Sacramento two months ago for a transmission swap after him being recommended by another member . He inspected the car at first and found a few leaks I was unaware of which was awesome. He said it would take him about two weeks to finish the car up and have it test driven and all. A week and a half later, I call to make sure its okay for me to take a bus from SoCal or a flight up to Sacramento to pick it up and he extended it for another week. I called two days later to make sure and he said for sure by the next weekend. At that point, he had added two extra weeks on top of the first two which we had agreed upon which is fine but I assumed it would be more than ready for me by then.

The night before my flight, they called me and told me they're having trouble with it which i found to be weird since he assured me two weeks before it would be good but apparently they didn't work on it until the day before I was supposed to fly in. I flew in the next morning and was told that they still have to rewire the harness and a few other things. I spent about 12 hours in a starbucks / walking around the industrial park neighborhood that day waiting for him to finish it. He didn't finish rewiring the harness correctly because he still needed more time. He then went on to tell me that the timing belt was WAY off and i would drive back in limp mode but since he thought that my lifters were bad, he didn't want to charge me to fix it because they'd have to redo the timing belt when i had my lifters checked so he sent me on my way. He said the timing belt wasn't his fault so oh well, I couldn't argue that it was even though it was fine when i dropped it off.

I went to Temecula Autowerkes to have it looked at after my swap and in summary:

The timing belt was 220 something or other off.
The subframe was cross-threaded and off by 9 points
The coolant and power steering hoses were shoved into open spaces and not routed correctly
The fuel pump was leaking profusely + the seals he had changed were not done properly (had to send it to DFIS to have it rebuilt)

I did contact them about the subframe first but was told I was wrong and there was no way they did that even though I never had my subframe removed prior or post that swap. After that, I didn't want to keep being told that I am wrong and that they weren't responsible for their work.

They're unbelievably cool and outgoing when I met them. Super confident and looked like they knew what was up with TDIs. They even gave me their cel phone for any questions I might have in the future but shoot it wasn't worth it when going to him cost me an extra 2.5k to fix on top of the 2.5k I paid him for labor and a few parts. Bummer for sure.

same thing, days to swap a camshaft & lifters and stumbling past quoted finish times. Had Volks Cafe in Santa Cruz finish the car professionally.

Ironforger

Veteran Member
ID parts economy shipping

:mad:

All I can say is if you choose the $4.95 economy shipping at idparts.com, make absoloutly sure you absolutely specify it is UPS or USPS.

I purchased a part which qualiifed for $4.95 shipping. Before final check out I called them and spoke to a person on the phone. I asked, best recommendation for shipping to NJ? (They are located in MA). The person I spoke with said "your best bet is the $4.95 shipping. If you choose that we'll send it UPS ground & you will get it in approx 2 days.

Ok so I purchased it based on the above, chose economy $4.95 at checkout, I get a shipped confirmation email and WHAM!! it was shipped fed ex on APRIL 17th. ETA MONDAY APRIL 27!!!??!!!!?????

Ok, so I called IDparts.com about this, and the person on the phone said "when you check out, choose ups for economy shipping. So for the heck of it, I went to try this. I don't see an option to choose ups for economy shipping.????

MORAL OF THE STORY: If you need it in a hurry don't choose economy shipping from idparts.com no matter what they tell you!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the ups online calculator says 2 days ground to NJ.

Normally I wouldn't complain about something like this but I'm a little PO'd because I CALLED FIRST BEFORE PURCHASING.

Ironically, my first choice would have been to purchase from metalmanparts.com (free shipping for purchases above $75.00) and I ALWAYS get my parts in 1 to 2 days but Metalmanparts is on vacation this week.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ironforger, sorry for the confusion. Not sure who you talked to, but give me a call and we'll pick up UPS Ground shipping on your next order. -Peter

sggabs

TDI
2001 VW Golf GLS TDI, 305k
same thing, days to swap a camshaft & lifters and stumbling past quoted finish times. Had Volks Cafe in Santa Cruz finish the car professionally.
was contacted my him and was wanting to fix any wrongs that his shop would've been involved in. will be talking to my regular mechanic which i appreciate. post is no longer relevant on my end. good luck.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
On my next order? Thanks but no thanks. Although I appreciate your response, that just doesn't help me right now.
Why the hostility? A mistake was made, the vendor apologized and has offered a resolution. Have you called the vendor like he asked you to do? Mistakes happen man...