Driver Side Heated Seat doesn't work

VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI , 2006 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI, 2002 VW GTI 1.8T
My Driver side heated doesn't work, the passenger side works, but not mine. Anybody had the same problem, and how many thousands of dollars will I need to get the problem fixed? :(

nutter3

TDI
none
VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI,

I hope you get a good answer. I have the same problem with my 03 Jetta wagon, except it's my passanger seat that doesn't work.
I "think" there is only one fuse in the fuse panel for both heated seats, but I am still trying to figure out the bentley wiring diagrams???????

rjr311

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon , 1996 Passat sedan
VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI said:
My Driver side heated doesn't work, the passenger side works, but not mine. Anybody had the same problem, and how many thousands of dollars will I need to get the problem fixed? :(
I have an 04 passat tdi so your mileage may very here -
I just received a recall notice on both the driver and passenger side switches.
you may want to check w/dealer and see if you are impacted as well.

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
hhahahah yes it does and in case your wondering the word gullable is written on the ceiling and your pockets untied!!

VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
nutter3 said:
VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI,

I hope you get a good answer. I have the same problem with my 03 Jetta wagon, except it's my passanger seat that doesn't work.
I "think" there is only one fuse in the fuse panel for both heated seats, but I am still trying to figure out the bentley wiring diagrams???????
Well, when you say fuse sounds like a $20-$30 job, but the other guy has freaked me out. I am at ends meet with Volkswagen ripping me off, I was better off with a BMW if I was going to spend $100/h for labour and spent so much for parts and yet drive a "normal" car vs "prestige". BIG MISTAKE !

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
This is usually a real simple problem. In most of the cases it's just a broken wire inside the seat.

If you feel near the bottom of the seat you'll feel a little round 'bump' underneath the fabric, this is just a simple connector. A lot of the times the wires will come loose or break. There is a real good thread about this..

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=7269&page=2

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
LNXGUY said:
Risky and hard? I would give this about a 3 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. An oil change being a 1.
Ive had my share of 5+ hour oil changes...

Assuming you have the screwdrivers and sockets you need, this is a faily quick and easy job. Hardest part is knowing how to work the soldering iron

VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
LNXGUY said:
Risky and hard? I would give this about a 3 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. An oil change being a 1.
Can't do Oil Changes, doesn't that say something?
LNXGUY, heard on the news you guys are getting some snow, enjoy your first snowfall ;)

nutter3

TDI
none
LNXGUY,

thanks for the link, i've been looking for a few days and didnt find that one. I am now confident I can trace my problems down.

jaberoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL silver
Weren't seat heater problems covered by an extended warranty? I know it was in my case when the driver's seat on my 02 Wagon got too hot. Maybe it was only for that year.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI said:
Can't do Oil Changes, doesn't that say something?
LNXGUY, heard on the news you guys are getting some snow, enjoy your first snowfall ;)
haha thanks man! 15cms + yesterday, snow tires are now on. I am sure it will be melted in a few days :)