Battery Died and Replaced

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Drive the car...resets occur after "x" number of miles/minute/start-stop cycles.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
or 10 minutes of it running and goes thru the self diagnostics.

Only thing that will stick is if you disconnected an Airbag sensor/indicator with the battery installed. I had to disconnect the battery when I installed the back up camera on the '12 Passat, and took off the dash trim/airbag indicator light.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I have disconnected the battery twice, and it is as "tdiatlast" said: it will reset itself after re-connection....which may be in its own good time.

Pitchar

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI DSG
I have a 2013 also and had to replace my battery a couple of weeks ago. All the lights eventually went out but the license plate light intermittently flashes an error. I bought a new bulb but before I could change it, the light works again. Then goes off again and the error returns. Don't see how the battery change and the light malfunction could be related.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
It may not be related. I had the same issue with a different bulb. Turns out the filament fractured; made electrical contact most days, but no all. You can tell by flicking the bulb with your finger. If the filament vibrates, it's fractured.