Volkswagen Pickup Video

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Check out this video of a new Volkswagen Pickup. I don't know any details on it, but it's similar to the Honda Ridgeline pickup. No word on whether it's available with a diesel engine, but it wouldn't surprise me. Pretty neat!

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
NB_TDi said:
Far from a pickup. More of a SUV with no back.
That might be true, but I thought that "Volkswagen SUV with the back cut off video" was a bit long for a title. :rolleyes:

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
I love it! Too bad VW will probibly never release it as a TDI. But if they do it will be priced way to high i.e. Toureg.

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
As a life-long pickup guy who loves to be able to haul plywood, gravel, farm implements, etc., I always derisively dismiss these long-box-short-bed things as "a king cab bein' chased by a princess bed". I can see where it would be just right for some folks, but not me. Give me an 8' bed pulled by a 3L TDI...now yer talkin'.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
It looks like a bigger, uglier Subaru Baja. Or maybe a Honda Ridgeline with VW emblems. All these psuedo-pickup truck vehicles are pointless. If you need a pickup occasionally, rent or borrow one. If you need a 4 door vehicle, just buy one of the 100's that already exist.

Why not something along the lines of a Rabbit pickup or a Tacoma type truck?

79RabbitDSL

TDI
09 JSW
redlinedave said:
I bet you can get a dirt bike to fit back there
Yeah, one of these might fit

That bed is less than 4 feet long, no way you can get a full size bike in there safely.

boogieman

TDI
'04 Jetta TDI, Gray, Completely stock(unfortunately), including the gay hubcaps, 138,000miles
Saw a long-track snowmobile in the back of a Jap mini truck.

Anything's Possible:eek:

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
The coolest thing about that truck is the tailgate handle, by far. If I would ever buy a vehicle like that, it would be because of the little things that are awesome.