Looking For a Few Good Men/Women

daedalus

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Variant TDI Black w/Gray
We are looking for members of the TDI community to serve by helping family members of Armed Forces personnel deployed overseas. The idea is we could help with basic TDI maintenance. Your participation should be limited to those tasks with which you are totally comfortable. It may be as simple as changing an air filter or performing an oil change. These chores may be simple for us but could be challenging or expensive for non-TDI enthusiasts. You CAN Help!!

If interested please sign up under the 101 forum as well as meetings/GTG/Regional Discussions forum. Family members may contact you for help through the forums, email or PM.

This is a great way for you to show your support of the troops in a tangible way. Thanks for serving and giving back to our community.

Please respect the intent and don’t use the forum for a platform to express your views of the war.

Note: This message is intentionally cross-posted with Fred’s permission so as to achieve maximum visibility.

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
I'm in.

Intake manifold swaps (I have a clean ALH spare to install, they would just need to cover the price for consumable parts and the $30 I paid to have it tanked and bead blasted), wheel bearings, glow plugs, all filters, Vag-com for scanning/clearing codes, shocks and struts, limited troubleshooting.

I can handle timing belts too, though I've never touched a PD so that would be a learning experience.

I'll post this in 101 as well.

Last edited:

JoseG

TDI
2001 Beetle
Amazing

Guys as a soldiers who's been deployed twice since 2003 i cannot begin to express how admirable and much appreciated this is. It's things like this that really shows true support both for those in uniform and for the families we leave behind.
My wife had to deal with shady( :mad: hell downright horrible people) at dealerships who took advantage of the fact that she was alone with the kids and no time/or knowledge to do things herself. This caused her much grief and cost us money we could not afford at the time.

I'm not all that handy with cars but if anyone doing any work needs another set of hands while doing some work just let me know, :
jose_g47 @ yahoo.com

and again THANK YOU for doing this.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Count me in too, I can do whatever it takes.
Ray

Last edited:

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
I'm in League City, but can get to Houston or Galveston easily. About all I'm good for is oil and filter changes, but ask and I can probably help out in other ways too.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
So now we have this huge group of volunteers with no one to help. Any way to get word to the troops to let them know we would like to help out? Word of mouth seems awful slow. I will tell my friend who is due to return soon on his third deployment to spread the word. There has to be a better way though.