2010 jetta tdi code p0401

Tdeezzy

TDI
2010 jetta tdi
I bought a 2010 jetta tdi (60,000 mi.) from the dealer, the day i bought it the CEL went on. First they fixed a flap. The light came back on and then they said the replaced a valve. I drove the car for about a hundred miles and now the check eng light is back on. The error code is showing P0401. Why cant these guys get this problem fixed?? This is really testing my patience.

quadrun1

Veteran Member
TDI
past: 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Oh man, my check engine light just came on also, same code P0401. I have about 61,000 on the car now. The last time this happened was around 30,000 miles, there was a fault in the EGR system and the DPF was toast, they had to replace it.

quadrun1

Veteran Member
TDI
Brought my car in yesterday and they diagnosed it with a stuck exhaust flap! I thought this generated a different code.

Anyway the CEL is off now, and it might be my imagination, but the car seems a little bit quieter, and seems like it lost a little pep (~5 hp).

Jason

quadrun1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well the check engine light came back on yesterday.

The power that seemed lost has come back, this morning I accidentally chirped the tires pulling away from a stop sign, using too much of the go pedal...

She will go back to the dealer some time next week.

Jason

quadrun1

Veteran Member
TDI
The light turned off on its own and I wound up trading it in for a Passat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ford50

TDI
98 beetle
not sure if im in right place for this post but was hoping someone can help..I have a 2015 beetle tdi 2.0L cvc engine..6 speed manual..bought it last year it only had 23000 miles on it..now it just hit 31000miles...got a leaking def injector..on line it shows up as a SCR dosing module water cooled..not covered under warenty or emission unless I get the emissions recal done...anyways just wondering if U can pull out the scr injector for def and replace it with new one...is it that easy or does the new one need to be programed this scan tool from dealler..thanks sorry forgot to mention engine is a ea288 diesel..

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I don't know if Canada is different but it should have had part one of the fix done before it was sold to you and part 2 isn't due yet. Why is it not covered by warranty? In the US this should be covered. I have a 2015 Beetle as well.

ford50

TDI
98 beetle
I just called volks today for my emmision upgrade dint want to do it but its free..they told my its not the def injector bad but the line leaking..so once the fix is done they will clain for the line and replace it..fix 1 and 2 were don on car before I bought it..computer programing only...I get 3.5L/100 to 4.5L/100 on highway at 118km/hour will see what I get after fix...

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Part two should have had a sensor installed as well as computer updates, at least in the US. You say that both 1 and 2 were done before you bought the car. Then say once the fix is done they will fix the line. What fix is this if both have been done already? Glad they are fixing it regardless of the number of "fixes" you have done.