OBDII Scanner Code-P0252 Questions and Help Needed

sizzlin bacon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI S
I was driving my wagon to work today and noticed it felt like I just didn't have much power when accelerating. I pulled over and checked to see if there might have been something noticeable going on, but there wasn't anything I could see. A mile or so down the freeway, I noticed I could not go over 70ish MPH. It didn't matter how much I pushed on the accelerator, it just wouldn't bump up over 72ish MPH.

I pulled over again into a small parking lot and that's when the code threw. I checked it against my OBDII and it popped up with "P0252: Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/Injector)".

I noticed I had a decrease in MPG but figured it might have been initially from driving around 2800RPMs for the past few days most of the way to work, and also this morning when I went to start it, I turned the key and it didn't fire off initially, almost as if I had not turned the key long enough for the starter to engage.

Any ideas what I will need to do? I had it towed to my house so its sitting at home. I can drive it, but I would rather figure out the problem before I drive it to a shop if I can't do the fix myself.

Some of the research I have done so far shows it might be the "Fuel Pressure Sensor"?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

EDIT: After speaking at length with a VW guy at the local NAPA, it appears there is not a sensor and that it could be a number of little things, to include the fuel filter (which I replaced a few months ago), some tubing off the intake manifold, plungers (?) INSIDE the fuel injector pump, tubing in the passenger wheel well, intercooler tubing, or perhaps O-rings allowing air bubbles into the tubes running from the fuel filter to the injector pump.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
A proper scan tool will help, but you may have an issue with the injection pump itself. Specifically the N108.