www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2015

TDIFest 2015 Discussion about TDIFest 2015 on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6, 2015) at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine.

Old April 15th, 2015, 23:13   #76
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBees View Post
Hey ...... everybody, be looking in your "good junk" TDI parts for items to donate for the auction, raffles, etc ........... I've been digging thru my stuff!

The M-O-O-N may Shine again!...

Do it. You, me, TooRoundTDI, GTiTDi, and Pod too. On the deck. In thunderstorms.

One of the best memories from '13.
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2015, 06:04   #77
AndyBees
Veteran Member

As in FB - Like..

Yep! That was a good time just hanging out and savoring the moment!
Old April 17th, 2015, 17:50   #78
RedBug
Veteran Member

Adding it to my calendar.
RedBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2015, 20:12   #79
TomJD
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 worst - 49 avg - 59 best

Probably should comment! I am super excited this is happening. We have some great leadership here at the TDIClub and a lot of people willing to lend a hand and serve. Not sure if I will be able to make it yet due to the fact that I have about 9 weddings to attend this year, but I am confident it will go off without a hitch. VeeDub...you have my number and I would love to help in any way possible.

2000 VW Jetta TDI-3 pedals
TomJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 06:44   #80
gutts
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: 41-52.1

Very nice !
I will be there !
Let me know if I can help . I am not too to far away .....
gutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 15:55   #81
millere5815
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Fuel Economy: average 53, Best 59.34

I have full intention of going this year. I have owned my TDI now for 9 months and so, and have been on the forum the whole time. Can't wait to make the 900 mile trip from Northwest Ohio.
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 300k+ miles, Bosio DLC 1019 Injector Nozzles, 5 speed swap, .658 5th gear, SB stage 2 daily, single mass flywheel, PD150 intake, EGR delete, 1.8T pancake pipe, 11mm IP, VNT17 Turbo, TacoTaco SMIC, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 4 tune w/ Dynamic Idle, De-cat w/ high flow muffler 156HP, 298FT/LB

millere5815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 16:31   #82
mrbrefast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 54 highway/37 city

Having done the initial research for which car I wanted to get as my first; and then learning a LOT from the accumulated wisdom of members here... I am very excited to drive my way over to Maine for September.

Abacus, this is not QUITE the "meet up in Maine" plans we tried to have for this year... but I think it is a worthy alternative, no?

Is there any decent and nearby camping... or is the hotel as nice and worth it as the pictures earlier in this thread make it seem?

She'll hold together (hear me baby: hold together)
mrbrefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 18:56   #83
maybe368
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Happily none

I am retired and am certainly not afraid of a long drive, but I was wondering if the fest is ever held out west. It seems that most of the members here are east of the Mississippi, but you guys might like the long drive also. We do have the Grand Canyon and Sedona around here...Mark
1968 Chevrolet Impala SS conv 396 325 HP #s matching
2017 Toyota 4Runner Off Road, loaded Thanks VW looking for older TDI
maybe368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 22:04   #84
mrvermin
Veteran Member

The hotel and surrounding grounds are really nice, as well, rooms booked under the TDIFest banner help with the costs of the function space

Once booking is open, I'll be looking at the Thursday to Tuesday on that weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrefast View Post
Having done the initial research for which car I wanted to get as my first; and then learning a LOT from the accumulated wisdom of members here... I am very excited to drive my way over to Maine for September.

Abacus, this is not QUITE the "meet up in Maine" plans we tried to have for this year... but I think it is a worthy alternative, no?

Is there any decent and nearby camping... or is the hotel as nice and worth it as the pictures earlier in this thread make it seem?
MrVermin

mrvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 04:14   #85
TheGrove
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe368 View Post
I am retired and am certainly not afraid of a long drive, but I was wondering if the fest is ever held out west. It seems that most of the members here are east of the Mississippi, but you guys might like the long drive also. We do have the Grand Canyon and Sedona around here...Mark
It has, the last time was 2010 in Portland OR. The location is very dependant on the group of members who organize themselves to host the fest.
Old April 20th, 2015, 04:56   #86
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

TDIClub would love to go West, and we have before. All it takes is member commitment to pull one off.

I would love to come out West, Midwest, Western Canada!
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 18:30   #87
xbiker423
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbellonh View Post
I'd be up for a canopy tour. Also, if the weather cooperates, there is an awesome little swimming hole not far away, called Frenchman's Hole. And maybe a nice area drive that we didn't do last time due to the rain.
Yeah! I spent many summers working for Hurricane Island Outward Bound and we would jump/swim there all the time. We would always joke about the people who stopped to take pictures at the covered bridge posted earlier in this thread.
2003 Jetta Wagon GL TDI - FM-100 w/5 micron filter, Euroswitch, rear fog, Hella Micro DEs w/3k HIDs, Frostheater, Panzer Plate, Tinted Aspherical mirrors, Air Lift kit, vnt1749vb, DLC 764, TacoTaco SMIC, 1.8t pp, 3 bar MAP, Kerma tune, McNally Boost/EGT, FMH w/Wavetrac, E-Codes, Koni STr.T, 2.5" turbo back, W8 FIS, sport leathers
xbiker423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:52   #88
RDC98tdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best Tank: 49.5 MPG, Best 80mi trip: 59mpg

Anyone in the Central / Mid Kentucky region going?
Old April 26th, 2015, 22:21   #89
Thomas83
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 54.87-Best / 52.554-Current

Subscribed...let's see who's up to driving with me, or I joining a caravan with others from Southern California? Could be quite an adventure.
Thomas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2015, 05:16   #90
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928 View Post
I would love to come to this year's Fest. Not sure, as I am currently looking for work. I had two interviews the past couple of weeks that went really well; one near Boston and another near Chicago. If I land in MA, then I would try to be there with my buddy n8ronJ. If in IL, that would be difficult. If no job soon, then no chance.
Update: My TDI, wife, and I will be moving to Lake County, Illinois within a month, as I got a new job there. Unemployed only two months. Phew!! Not much vacation time for 2015, so I won't be making it to TDIFest in Maine.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
1970 VW Type 3 Squareback - Cobalt Blue (Birdie)

Last edited by rocketeer928; April 27th, 2015 at 05:21.
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote