MFD2 Nav Software update...no more "accept" button!

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
To those of you that are still running the oem nav system from 2006, there is a software update that you can run to eliminate the "accept" step everytime you turn the radio on.

I think the dealer can do this, but I had an independent shop help me out. He got the disk but he let me do the upgrade myself just so I could see what it was all about. Took 50 minutes per the TSB from VW.

The update fixes a lot of the bugs with the nav I guess. There was a lot of description in the TSB about what it cleans up.

One other perk is that the 6-disk changer starts the track at the actual beginning of the track. It used to be that when you jumped from one track to another it would start a few seconds into the song. Not sure why the nav software would impact the behavior of the disk changer, but it did.

On a related note...I'm trying to find someone with a maps DVD that I can try to see what is wrong with my unit. I pursued this software update with the hopes that my nav would start working again, but alas, no luck.

We believe that my problem is that my nav disk is scratched up. It was like that when I bought the car last year and I never thought to worry about it. The nav worked fine for a while, but then quit one day last year. I don't want to buy another disk for $200 just to find out that something is screwy with the unit. My tech tells me that he's seen similar behavior in other vehicles that went away with a new disk.

Don't care what version of the maps it is...can be 2005 or whatever, I just need to borrow one that isn't scratched. Willing to compensate for the trouble! :p

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Just for testing purposes of course, you may try searching the torrent sites for a map disc for your unit..