High pressure lift pump?

TorqueMonster

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Audi A4 110HP AFN
Using a lift pump to aid the stock IP seems like a good idea. When using 11 or 12mm(or bigger) head it seems like a VERY good idea.
What would be the outcome of using a very high pressure lift pump, something like 8-10 bar or from a fuel injection system? Could it damage the pump/leakage? Could this have an impact on performance?
Haven't found anything on the forum using a high pressure pump...

TDIman49

TDI
1.6 diesel 55hp,1997 TD jetta, 1.9L TDI jetta 2001, 2L PD
Im wondering the same thing, like even if it is high pressure just put a fuel pressure regulator in place to control the pressure for more or less pressure coming out the fuel pump. I wonder the same....

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
High presure lift pump affect dynamic timming because lift pump push internal pressure regulator to open more, ecu probably compensate but is not sure.
Low pressure lift pump help to eliminate fuel filter restrition and tube restrition, this is the goal of lift pump.

Dieseleux

projectracerabbit

TDI
ahu mk2, 2010 Golf TDI
I am wondering the same thing, I have a pump from a 89 digi motor in tank, I have done runs with and with out it pluged in and have not noticed anything, but maybe that is due to my state of tune.

KROUT

persona non grata
I ran one with 30 to 60 psi for a while. I had to bypass the thermostatic t in the fuel filter to keep from preasurizing the return lines. I had no ill effects at all. I now have a low preasure pd lift pump. If I could find a pump that ran 20psi I would buy it and run it.

87turboquattro

Veteran Member
TDI
97 passat
KROUT said:
If I could find a pump that ran 20psi I would buy it and run it.
i believe the pump you want comes from a 91-94 gmc trucks(v-8) w/ tbi(throttle body injection).they run up to about 23-24psi.may be a bit less w/ diesel.

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
It is probably a bad idea...

High pressure pump with modified fuel pressure regulator plug on intake! 8psi fuel on 0psi turbo boost and 28psi fuel on 20psi turbo boost.
Possibly help a timming piston to operated more widely.

High pressure found easily.
Fuel pressure regulator found on all EFI car!
With or without intake boost reference, fuel regulator made possible to use high pressure pump. (if this pump push enough gallon per hour)

Dieseleux

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I'm running a gas fuel pump ment for a VR6 Corrado and I have regulated it down to 6psi.

HO'OLAKO

Veteran Member
im going to try and hybrid a duramax lift pump(Larger lines) with a 5cylinder tdi lift pump. Subsequently use larger fuel lines to injpump too.Will run sintered bronze inline fuel filters instead of stock setup. We'll see!