FS: 1998 Jetta TDI in Detroit

Secret Squirrel

TDI
Jetta, 98, Black
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been active on this forum. 4 years ago I was going to part out my 98 Jetta TDI. Unfortunately I never had a chance to do so since my company kept me traveling.:( Anyways, I'm selling my Jetta as a PARTS car only. I will not be parting it out. I just do not have the inclination nor the time to do so. I would rather just sell it as a complete vehicle and let someone else have fun dismantling it OR resurrect it. The car has 307,000 miles on it. Sometime ago the timing belt skipped on me and crashed the piston into the valves. Back then I was going to replace the head but just never had time. Wish I did back then. Anyways, here are the details.

Mileage: 307,000+ miles
Original clutch (yes, original clutch)
New water pump at last timing belt change
Popup sunroof (no leaks)
Neuspeed springs (Softsports)
New front wheel bearings at 220,000 miles
Original Injector pump
Original clutch (still pulls hard with no slips)
New Kumho tires all four corners (14 inch wheels, Votex)
Passenger side sheet metal rust in floorpan (you can see daylight)
Factory radio w/cassette.
Gas struts for hood raising
New starter (maybe 60000 miles on it)
Original springs are included

Car interior is very moldy due to long storage in garage. Parts that I have taken off are in the trunk.

Now comes the 100,000 thousand question. How much? I am letting all this go for $1000 or OBO. Keep in mind you are getting a new set of tires with this deal. Makes no sense to have a rolling chassis without wheels. Anyways, I have included a link to pictures on Flickr here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskmdRSWh

If you would like to have me take more pics, please email me or PM me.

My name is Eric and yes I do have a house in Detroit. The neighborhood isn't too bad. It's been a great car for me. It never ever left me stranded on the side of the road. I bought this car new in 98 and have missed driving it very dearly. I just know it's time to let it go. Rather than dumping it at the junk yard, I figured I could sell it to someone who either needs parts or wants to bring it back alive. The fuel tank does have 4 year old diesel in it so I don't know if that will need to be drained. Also, you will have to pick it up via tow dolly or tow truck. I have the original title.

Good Luck

Eric