FS: 2006 TDI Jetta. $7900 Dallas, TX

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
FS: 2006 TDI Jetta. Dallas, TX PRICE DROP $6000 FIRM

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!

I'm lowering the price to $6000 FIRM FIRM FIRM!!! I've got the title in hand, and don't HAVE to sell it, but my garage, carport and driveway are full(my 3 trucks, jetta, 10 motorcycles; plus my wifes car...), and I would like to put this money towards a credit card and some other projects I've got going...
I finally decided I really needed a late model truck due to my classic car and motorcycle hobby; the right one came up sooner than expected and I pulled the trigger today from a private seller(eco-diesel ram, bought new July 29, 4200 mi, with the options I wanted, for $12k under sticker even after TT&L from a private seller)... So my daily driver Jetta is up for sale...

2006 1.9l TDI Jetta, with the DSG auto transmission. Its white, with tan leather interior. 181,xxx miles, but has been well maintained, and has had the common problems with these cars addressed. Cams have been replaced, timing belt and water pump have been replaced, the flywheel has been replaced, and a whole list of smaller things too. The interior is clean, and the headliner is perfect(replaced with NEW one direct from VW)! Its got the dual zone AC, sun roof, seat heaters, real leather, memory seat; nav is the only option I don't see on it. As far as aftermarket stuff its got tinted windows, a hitch, Dieselgeek aluminum skid plate, weathertech floor mats front and rear, a 20hp tune, and possibly a few other things Im forgetting. The AC blows cold and the heated seats and heater get hot. Everything on the car works, and it has a clear Texas title in my hand. The previous owner runs a small reputable shop that specializes TDI maintenance and repair(that was recommended to me for TDI service before I even knew he was selling his car); this was his personal daily driver; he chose to build up a SportWagen to replace this car for a growing family... I will be happy to pass on his contact info to any interested buyers.(He is a fellow TDI Club Member: UserID "jetta ,97” (Marin Mihaljcic) http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=87519 )

EDIT: along with the tune, it has the added feature of being able to open the windows, and close the windows and sunroof from the key fob; and I have 2 key fobs

Replaced at 150k mi:
DSG Flywheel
DSG Fluid and filter
EGR Cooler

Replaced @ 166,500 mi:
Timing belt & water pump
Camshaft and lifters
Drive belt tensioner
Alternator pulley
Headliner(new from dealer!)
Fuel, air, and cabin air filters.

Also has fresh tires, with the transferable extended warranty certificates from Discount tire.

The car has just a hair over 181,xxx on it now, and I have changed the oil more often than the recommended 10k interval(closer to ever 7k), and only used the OE recommended oil directly from the dealership, and Mann oil filters(I have a few extra I will give you, I ordered them in bulk since I was planning on keeping the car).

I'm asking $6500 will consider REASONABLE offers, and may consider trades. But if you've messed with a flywheel, cams, headliner, or any of those problem points on theses cars you know how quickly a $4000 car can far surpass my asking price... As far as trades go, I will consider up-down-across for: all eras of motorcycles, pre-72 cars/trucks, a small boat, vintage neon signs, a nice industrial air compressor, a mid-higher end mountain bike(needs to be a L or XL frame), a car dolly or car trailer, an enclosed trailer, small toy hauler, or....???

This is the first place I'm listing it(since members here will probably be more likely to appreciate the car), but Ill post a link to my craigslist ad as soon as I get around to making it, but in the mean time I can text or email pictures. I live in Mckinney, TX(75070) which is a Dallas suburb; but I may be be willing to drive it to you or meet you in the middle depending on my schedule, for the right serious buyer. I've put over 14,000 miles on this car in the last 7 months, and would not hesitate to drive it across the country.

Last edited:

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
Price dropped, I also cleaned it up a little bit and posted a boat load of better photos on my craigslist ad(link above)

Last edited:

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
Caveat Emptor on cars touched by Jetta 97.

I haven't been active on here in a while; but that's the first negative I've heard. Do you have any personal insight, or a link to a thread(s) where it may have been discussed? Everything I've seen on the car seems to have been accurately portrayed; and I was referred to him by a long time customer of his(a fellow firefighter) who had nothing but the best to say. I've seen nothing but good referrals for him on here, and him offering to assist people who have been having trouble. Therefore I'm hesitant to give any credibility of a forum member who's last post a decade ago was to buy or not to buy, and left it off as needing to convince the wife; gives a broad warning regarding a specific member, with no citations, or any kind of details whatsoever. If there is more to the story then tell us; but don't just make unsupported personal attacks against a guy then duck out the door...

Last edited:

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Medman,

I do not know what kind of personal issues or concerns you may have with Jetta,97, but he is not a bad guy and well regarded .

Last edited:

cobra390t

Veteran Member
TDI
06 VW Jetta BRM 5SPD ,2005 Passat TDI Wagon( SOLD ), 05 Mk4 Golf BEW , 04 MK4 Golf BEW , MPG Who cares It's a Diesel
i wish you were closer to Eastern NC ..I would been all over this car .Been in the market looking. Just curious Are you the Original owner .. What oil was used and how often you change it ... Does it use oil between Oil change

Last edited:

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
i wish you were closer to Eastern NC ..I would been all over this car .Been in the market looking. Just curious Are you the Original owner .. What oil was used and how often you change it ... Does it use oil between Oil change

I am not the original owner, Ive put over 14k miles on the car; but have had it less than a year. Vehicle history report is clear as far as damage goes, and lists 4 owners.

I've changed the oil roughly every 7,500 miles, and it seems to use about half a quart or so between those changes. Ive only used the recommended 505.01 oil from the dealership(castrol I believe), an Mann oil filters.

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
Alright, I will take $6K FIRM FIRM FIRM! May still consider some trades too. I honestly thought this car would catch $7500 all day long with it being a loaded, well kept, and having all of the frequent problems addressed; but I don't want to keep paying insurance

I've tried editing my original post(including the title), but it still shows my original $7900 price when browsing the classified forum. Anybody know how I fix that?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I dont think ya can. Sorry but i dont think it would sell for $6000 anyway. They selling on CL for $4000 or $5000 with less miles. I know how ya feel. The values are so low its basically a throw away car at this point. Drive the crap out of it till something else goes wrong with it then evaluate if its worth fixin. Maybe Obama will do another cash for clunkers. ;) Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:

corygraham

TDI
06 1.9 jetta
I dont think ya can. Sorry but i dont think it would sell for $6000 anyway. They selling on CL for $4000 or $5000 with less miles. I know how ya feel. The values are so low its basically a throw away car at this point. Drive the crap out of it till something else goes wrong with it then evaluate if its worth fixin. Maybe Obama will do another cash for clunkers. ;) Keep your fingers crossed.
Then why are you still trying to sell yours for $9800? Its a sharp car, with some well thought out extras; but it doesn't even have all the factory options this one has...

Its hardly a cash for clunker car, and I know that you are into yours a lot more than the current going rate; as am I... I think if fuel prices go back up this spring/summer they will start bringing the top dollar that they were 2 or so years ago. These cars obviously don't appeal to everyone, but to a TDI enthusiast that wants the pre-emission hassle tdi, and also wants the mk5 body, these are the only option; and yes, there are these cars on CL selling for 4-5k, but around here they rarely or never have any history; and you are familiar with the costs of addressing the common problems; and know how quickly the cost of replacing the cam and flywheel make a $4k car cost more than mine...

Its obvious your heart broken that your fairly comparable 2006 that you have "$17k invested" invested in won't catch near $10k, but coming and talking down comparable cars selling for $6k like mine and dbdubb's is a childish thing to do. Our cars are worth $6k to those that are familiar with these, so unlike you, so they aren't being a fool buying a car without the common issues addressed, then end up instantly upside down in them...

At the end of the day anything is only worth what someone will give you for it. Mine is a solid car that's got tons of life left, and I've got the title in hand, so I dont have to sell it, and will keep driving it until it sells to save gas money and keep miles off of my other vehicles.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Yeah very heart broken.. It f@@ked my socks off and didnt even kiss me. Didnt mean to hijack your sale thread here..
GLWS...

SaxmanKana

Veteran Member
TDI
Dweisel's Diesel, 2000 Blue Beetle 5 speed
Alright, I will take $6K FIRM FIRM FIRM! May still consider some trades too. I honestly thought this car would catch $7500 all day long with it being a loaded, well kept, and having all of the frequent problems addressed; but I don't want to keep paying insurance

I've tried editing my original post(including the title), but it still shows my original $7900 price when browsing the classified forum. Anybody know how I fix that?
Hi, so I need some education here, is it the cam & flywheel problem that is not helping the value of these cars? I'm looking for something for the long term here. I usually keep my cars till the wheels fall off!
Thanks,
Dave