What did you do to your car today?

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
It's been an ongoing tedious project but I've been red stitching my black leather seats. Not quite done yet but shaping up as a cool mod. In hindsight im not sure id tackle this again. Here are some pics.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
DC, that's a huge commitment; looks great a nice subtle detail! I hope you will post pics of the finished product.

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI

meducky

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2013 Passat
Finished putting b-quiet in the two front doors and went for a test drive, even my girlfriend said the car was amazingly quiet. :D you dont go far with 50 sq/ft tho I think I have just enought left to do the tailgate in my golf. I'm looking forward to be done this stuff.

Woodrobin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Changed the oil. Pumped out the old oil with a Pella 6000 oil extractor, and put in a Mann filter and about 4.3 liters of Pentosin HP2 5W-40. Getting the oil filter unscrewed was insane (whoever put it on last time has a different understanding of what "tighten to 25 nM" means than I do), but the rest went nice and smooth. Especially considering this was the first oil change I've done.

sleeky

TDI
Bora 1.9 TDI (130) Highline
Booked my remap for next Thursday :D

Still waiting on my wiper puller to finish off my boost gauge install though...

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Thanks guys, I'm liking it. I'm past the point of no return now. All headrests, rear seat bottoms and drivers seat are done. I'll post up the finished product. :)
Cody - please take your meds! Obsessive Compulsive Disorders can be serious!

Looks cool though!

oh - and change the size of your pics, now you're jacking up the thread (pun not intended)!

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Cody - please take your meds! Obsessive Compulsive Disorders can be serious!

Looks cool though!

oh - and change the size of your pics, now you're jacking up the thread (pun not intended)!
I know things are getting out of control better get on those meds!

I fixed the image sizing. I design/play on a 27" iMac so i think i'm getting used to GINORMOUS!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Saw my car loaded onto a flatbed for the first time:

One of my axles failed without warning. :( I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow after paying way more than I would have if I could've planned for this.

Scott

JJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
One of my axles failed without warning. :( I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow after paying way more than I would have if I could've planned for this.

Scott
It's always sad to see your car on a tow truck. At least, for me it is. :(

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m

Scott
Oh no! I just hope your staying with OEM axles or raxles if it's not OEM.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
:(

Oh no! I just hope your staying with OEM axles or raxles if it's not OEM.
Nope. OEM is too expensive (new) and Raxles has been closed while the owner recovers from a plane crash (crashed his biplane on landing). I'm in a jam and need the car back on the road. So I'm getting what's available: C.R.A.P. :eek:

Oddly enough, the last CRAP axles I used lasted FAR longer than the "remanufactured" OEM axles I bought from PartsPlaceInc just a few months ago. The passenger axle started making noise after just a week or so and the driver's side failed with apparently no warning just yesterday. So PartsPlaceInc is NOT an option in my book. They're probably selling parts taken off of junkyard cars. :rolleyes:

I'm going to keep the OEM axles that are coming off the car today, buy new CV joints from AutohausAZ, rebuild the axles myself, and then store them until I have problems with the CRAP axles I'm getting today.

It sucks having a broken car away from home. Sometimes you just have to take it in the shorts to get back on the road. :mad:

Scott

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Thanks. :) I did this years ago.:p
Really a noticeable difference?

Getting my FULL suspension refresh with Bilstein TCs and TT upgrade parts. Brake job - rotors and pads. Oil change. New Tstat.

Been driving Robby's (runsonbeer) golf around since my quick job has turned into more of a handful. This dude is GREAT! Nothin but convenient and helpful all across the board!

Plus, driving his car with a few badace power mods r gonna make me very sad when I get my car back with a stock engine... We shall see how long I can hold back until I start sliding down that slippery slope of mods!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Yesterday, went to go pick up my tire/rim from getting it plugged, to only find the tire changer machine ate away a nice cirlce all the way around the face of the rim once inch from the bead. After telling the guy that infact I did not bring it in that way and sugesting we put it on the tire changer to see what lines up, it was very very clear (pain chips still on the tire changer clear) that they hosed the rim.

They are offering $100 cash for me to have it "fixed" or to buy a replacement, so the search is on for a Bioline with a rubber possibly TPMS, and this one will be retired as a fancy spare.

Grauwulf

TDI
99.5 MkIV Jetta
I didn't do anything too special today, put my summer rims and tires back on, gave her a bath, replaced all my vacuum lines and installed the 2 led light strips I bought a while ago in the trunk. Wish I had done that a *lot* sooner. I have a mad MAF from contamination due to a ill-fitting aftermarket air filter, so that will be on the repair list for tomorrow, OEM filter and new MAF. Lesson learned the hard way.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd sell you all 4 of my biolines this weekend. 13k on the OEM tires wth TPMS
sadly my other three are still holding strong, if you want to sell me just one, I'll def bite.

korndawg

Vendor
TDI
Currently Searching

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Accompanied my sons school to the aquarium on Friday and somehow tweaked my back. We got home with a few hours to kill before picking up Momma so I deceived to toss on the new Goals- BIG MISTAKE. Although they are on and look fantastic my body has suffered, I've been on the couch since. Pics to come!

Hobbled into the office on Monday but barely made it through the day. Went to the docs on Tuesday as my legs/feet started going numb Monday night - got a referral to a spine doc. Apparent after breaking ones back in 6 places it's never quite the same LOL