Which vag com should i go for ?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Last edited:

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Trying to be under $100, don't like spending green if i don't have to, i like the obdeleven but will need to keep buying additional credits , with the other one's there's no such thing
Btw, trying to reveal engine oil temp on a dash and trans temp if that's even possible, look up boost pressure

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Trying to be under $100, don't like spending green if i don't have to, i like the obdeleven but will need to keep buying additional credits , with the other one's there's no such thing
Btw, trying to reveal engine oil temp on a dash and trans temp if that's even possible
The old saying is you get what you pay for rings true here. The stuff you are looking at is very limited. Why would you even want to spend 50 bucks just so you could tilt your mirror you can do that manually for free.......as for shutting down your drl's why? For under 50 bucks you can just pull the wire.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Don't wanna pull anything, does obdeleven show boost ?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Don't wanna pull anything, does obdeleven show boost ?

Well, you wanna be cheap eh? The answer to your question NO! Why do you want to disable your DRL and are willing to spend 50 bucks to do so?

Last edited:

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
As I can do even more things, I like being cheap:) ok then under $200, better ?

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
As I can do even more things, I like being cheap:)

That does not answer the question about being willing to spend 50 bucks to disable your DRL's. I would just leave them on and being cheap spend the 50 bucks on something that actually has value.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I don't like drl's period, which vagcom under $200 ?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Like them or not, they are required in some states. VAG COM is the old name for the genuine Ross-Tech products, VCDS is the new name. You might be able to find someone, who is upgrading to HEX NET, selling their old Ross-Tech cable in the classified forum. Other option is to just save your ¢¢ until you can afford a new genuine unit. IMHO, for quality and support, that's the way to go.

I don't like drl's period, which vagcom under $200 ?

Last edited:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
The best thing to do with the DRL's is to enable the option to put them as a choice in the MFD. Then, they will enable/disable per key, and you have the ability to turn that useless namby annoyance off wherever possible, and if you can't avoid a place that mandates them, it's on the dashand so easy to deal with.

There are also a number of other neat features that you can enable on the NMS (as well as diagnostic capabilities) that make VCDS the only clear choice, as least as I see it . . .

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I'll place an order for vcds today, TY all

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
It's amazing how many people want to disable the DRL's a proven safety factor since the 1960's.

Dalon

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MKV Jetta TDI 1.9L - 237k 2013 Passat TDI - 31k
OBDEleven just announced they’re coming out with a newer device and software for it if you want to go the route of convenience. But like others have said, nothing better than the Ross Tech.