vcds use

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Is there any tutorial for using vcds lite? For example,I can't get mine to switch to basic settings. I never had any problems switching on the B4 with the same pc,software and interface. Today I wanted to check the N75 which requires basic settings group 011 so I can check it cycling. Does the BHW have limitations for basic settings?

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Are you trying to use VCDS-Lite on your 2013 car? VCDS-Lite does not support CAN bus cars, so it will now work on your 2013 car. For CAN bus cars, you need the full version of VCDS (not the shareware "Lite" version). Also, VCDS-Lite does not do basic settings unless registered (is your VCDS-Lite registered?). See this page for more info:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/index.html

Click on the "function chart" link for more info.

Have Fun!

Don

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Are you trying to use VCDS-Lite on your 2013 car? VCDS-Lite does not support CAN bus cars, so it will now work on your 2013 car. For CAN bus cars, you need the full version of VCDS (not the shareware "Lite" version). Also, VCDS-Lite does not do basic settings unless registered (is your VCDS-Lite registered?). See this page for more info:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/index.html

Click on the "function chart" link for more info.

Have Fun!

Don
Last time I looked this thread is in the B5 forum. So no, It's the BHW car. I won't touch the B7 diagnostics until it's out of warranty. I can get to group 011 but not in basic settings. When I romp it, The boost goes to 2601 mb with a 2346 requested and goes limp. I repeated the check and everytime the 2601 mb hits and stays before limp. I have exercised the controller with the Mighty Vac and the actuator doesn't start moving until 10"HG vacuum and doesn't move up 3/4" until 25" HG vacuum. I suspect the 25" can't be reached by the engine vacuum. Looking at this post by canadian grizly: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589 ,my numbers are high,so I have to decide if I want to try the oven cleaner de-soot on car cleaning or just take the turbo off and do Drivebywire's bench cleaning. At 188k, it's probably a good idea to take it off. I'm sure not replacing it if it can make 2601 mb boost

Last edited:

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Diesel engined cars have vacuum pumps as there is little or no manifold vacuum, in these, its the tandum pump on back of head. If tandum pump is suspected , you could test its output.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My vane regulator is taking 25" HG vacuum to completely pull up where I assume is required to bleed off enpugh boost to stop this limp. Mine is consistently cranking up 2601 MB of boost which is probably all it can make at which point the requested is arround 2350. I doubt it will ever not go limp with a 250 MB overboost. Make sense? BTW, what vacuum should the pump make? Full 30" HG?

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My vane regulator is taking 25" HG vacuum to completely pull up where I assume is required to bleed off enpugh boost to stop this limp. Mine is consistently cranking up 2601 MB of boost which is probably all it can make at which point the requested is arround 2350. I doubt it will ever not go limp with a 250 MB overboost. Make sense? BTW, what vacuum should the pump make? Full 30" HG?
Oven cleaner and Italian tune fixed it!