Just got a 2012 Jetta TDI with 8300 miles

ckohler3

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I'm enjoying it so far. Got 37 MPG on my first tank. I changed all of the headlights to the whitest brightest halogens. I changed the daytime running lights to LED. They look so much better than the standard bulbs. I changed all of the interior and the trunk lights to LED. I'm going to paint the engine cover with smoke gray metalcast paint. I'm thinking about painting some of the interior panels with the same paint but I'm worried it might be too easily chipped or scrached.

It has a sunroof, manual transmission and fender audio system.

I'd like to do a tune, but I have the two year unlimited miles warranty and the extended warranty on the fuel and emissions systems. I don't want to have any problems with that.

I've been using the white bottle power service but it's warming up so I'm just about done with that. I've been using the gray bottle too. I got the gallon that treats 1000 gallons of both so they will last a long time. I also ran a bottle of liqui moly diesel purge.

Considering the low miles, warranty and options what do you guys think a fair price is?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvRsRX5LTgKq5uC59

Last edited:

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Considering the low miles, warranty and options what do you guys think a fair price is?

Don't do that to yourself. If your happy with it then you got a good deal. no matter what you paid, there will always be somebody that says they got a better deal, or thinks it was too much. Just like buying a TV or something. If you keep looking after you already bought it, you will eventually find a better price.

I am jealous if that was not a typo......8300 miles? WOW

ckohler3

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Yes it only had 8300. I'm guessing it sat for a few years after a buyback. I'm taking it on an 800 mile road trip in a few days.

Seansf49

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
8300 miles is insane. I bought my 2012 with 64k. Don't worry about the price you paid and just enjoy it. it's too late at this point anyway. I feel most of the TDI's are a steal at this point anyway considering the work that was put into them to get them back up to where they can sell them (tires, brakes, fluids, the emissions fix).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Lots of cars aren't getting tires, brakes, fluids. Depends on the seller.

Seansf49

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Good point. Mine had new brake pads, new fluids all around (except for the transmission), and new tires. I paid under 10k and I feel I got a pretty good deal considering. There were some on sale for the same price with 10k less miles but the car I purchased was serviced at the dealer.i purchased it from religiously and had far more features than the other so I figured it was a wash.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

KTriplett

TDI
98' Porcelain Blue Jetta, 15’ TRed Jetta SEL
We just traded my wife’s 13’ Tiguan in for a 15’ SEL with 19k miles. We paid a high number imo at 14,500 but it had all the right options and color combo.

Seansf49

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
We just traded my wife’s 13’ Tiguan in for a 15’ SEL with 19k miles. We paid a high number imo at 14,500 but it had all the right options and color combo.

Sometimes you pay a little more than you would like for the car you really want. I could have paid the same price for a car with 54k instead of 54k but it had none of the options than the one I purchased and a spotty service history.

ckohler3

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Got 575 on a tank on my road trip and had a gallon left. Overall over 43 MPG and I was going 75-80 MPH whenever traffic permitted. I think I did good on the price paying half the sticker price and getting a great warranty.

spanky1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2012, platinum grey(6-spd manual)
Got 575 on a tank on my road trip and had a gallon left. Overall over 43 MPG and I was going 75-80 MPH whenever traffic permitted. I think I did good on the price paying half the sticker price and getting a great warranty.
Was that mileage from the computer or calculating based on miles/# gallons?

spanky1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2012, platinum grey(6-spd manual)
I bought a CPO in late September. After starting to see dead battery issues, I now find out that they left a 6 1/2 year-old battery in it.
It's a BS move from either the dealer or VWoA. They know a 7 year-old battery is likely within weeks of dying.
Sorry to vent on your thread. Enjoy