TDI 2.5", 3" stainless turbo back exhaust, 1.8T downpipes, 17/22 turbos, egr blockoff

RedDragon

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW “Judy Sue White”
Great works of art! Once ordered I had it within the week. Glad I went with the 2.5 turbo back, the sound is awesome. Pics to come.

H2O2H

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
Price shipped to 32258 for a 2.5" turbo back straight pipe.
Price shipped for a 3" turbo back straight pipe.
Need your best price, pm if you prefer.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Hi Ken,
Looking for 2.5" turbo back with close to stock sound for 2003 alh with stock turbo. Shipped to Saint-Bruno Qc. J3V-XXX

Would like the metallic cat etc.

Thanks

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
nice work and products,but the price is a bit exorbitant.I have produced larger scale exhaust systems for the big 3 diesels and they can be made for quite a bit less money.Must be the Canadian thing!

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
nice work and products,but the price is a bit exorbitant.I have produced larger scale exhaust systems for the big 3 diesels and they can be made for quite a bit less money.Must be the Canadian thing!
You must have not seen the price from his competition. These prices are amazing. The thing with the big three is that there are more of them around being modified. It is all about demand.

Psymos

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
never understood this, if you dont like the price.....either
a. dont buy it
b. make one yourself if you can do it for so much cheaper.

these are quality kits that bolt right up, no fussing/cutting/drilling/welding. you get what you pay for.

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Thx for the good words guys, I'm working hard on making a really nice selection of affordable, fully customizable MK5/6 systems for all motors/bodies, which will be available very shortly.

drewkeen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
How does a 2.5" straight sound compared to a straight piped stock exhaust with an offroad hollowed out cat?

How does the exhaust note change when a resonator or multiples are added? Does it just cut down on the drone, or does the whistle and bark or the turbo get quieter and/or go away all together?

BuzzKen

TDI
2.5" is much louder than a stock straight piped exhaust. Each resonator will cut down on drone/whistle/bark. With 3 resonators, whistle is mostly gone, but there is still bark when you get into it hard. I usually suggest 2 for most people, some prefer only 1. It would be good if a couple of guys here chime in on their own personal take on what they've got from me.

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...
I put the 2.5" system on my wife's New Beetle with 2 resonators. It is louder than stock with only very little whistle. It does have a fierce growl under full load - but that's with T4's and a 17/22. Even then it isn't real loud.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Installing my new 2.5" Turboback system today between working at home and skipping lunch and sneaking out for a quick break to lie under the car.

I had to cut off the back with my small trusty Milwaukee Rechargeable battery sawzall.

A large pair of pliers was helpful to squeeze and slide the hanger off just ahead of the muffler.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
2.5" is much louder than a stock straight piped exhaust. Each resonator will cut down on drone/whistle/bark. With 3 resonators, whistle is mostly gone, but there is still bark when you get into it hard. I usually suggest 2 for most people, some prefer only 1. It would be good if a couple of guys here chime in on their own personal take on what they've got from me.
I would definitely go for 2 or 3 resonators.
My 2.5" system has 1 and drone was pretty loud.
I re-installed my stock cat and it sounds OK now. :)

Psymos

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
It also all depends on what you guys consider loud. I only have a "straight through" style muffler on my sti and it is ALOT louder than my straight piped 3" tdi. I really need to make an in car video of the tdi with your exhaust ken. Maybe I'll try tomorrow morning on my way to work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BuzzKen

TDI
The most common setup would be 2.5" turbo back with 2 resonators and turndown, $650cdn + shipping for the BEW. Shipping is no problem, no duties or border fees.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
What would shipping run me? Do you need a zip code or specific address? I guess that'd be my biggest worry is shipping costs.