-SOLD- FL: 2001 Jetta 5 speed TDI 120k -SOLD-

lil_k9

TDI
2013 VW Golf 6MT
I bought the vehicle the summer of 2010 from what I was told was the original owner in Hollywood, FL. It had 85.5k miles on it when I bought it. And It now has 119k (majority hwy miles under my ownership).
The good:
I changed the timing belt, water pump, tensioners, rollers, all bolts, cam seal, and serpentine belt at 88.8k right after I got it. I've used AMS oil since I got it. Change the oil every 15k but a filter change ever 5k. Fuel, and air filter replaced around every 20k.
At 96.3k, I replaced the thermostat and coolant temperature sensor.
at 99.2k I put on the Titan 764 injector nozzles from boraparts
At 102.4 I cleaned the intake manifold/egr valve and deleted the egr and egr cooler (dieselgeek).
Right after that I got Stage 1.5 Malone Tune with the check engine light for the missing egr tuned out
At 110.6k, Brembo rotors and ceramic pads on all four corners.
At 112k, replaced the broken glove box with the bigger newer one from a 04 jetta, and swapped in a .658 fifth gear.
At 114k I did a ventectomy.
The bad: The rear drivers side window need a new motor; it will go down fine, but coming up isn't quite as pleasant. When starting up cold, the cam lifters tap for aprox 2-3 seconds. They need to be changed the next timing belt job. The tires are getting thin. My guess is that they will last another 10k miles, bc the car is so lite. The paint is not bad for a 10+ year old car, but someone who's picky about paint, could fine a few scratches and dings around the car.

I'll include the timing belt tool kit, Rosstech's VAGCOM, set of three 12 point bits, And the
Bentley repair manual

here's a link to a bunch of pics of the car:
http://s1149.photobucket.com/albums/o591/fishe826/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20 :

I love my TDI, but I want to get a diesel truck again
I'm going to start off by asking $7512. Make me offers, and see what happens...

Last edited:

lil_k9

TDI
2013 VW Golf 6MT
Shoot me a PM with your number if you figure something out... just to let ya know, the next two weeks I'm going out of town this weekend and 4th of July week.

lil_k9

TDI
2013 VW Golf 6MT
Just put an aftermarket Dual head unit in with aux and usb. It matches the color scheme fairly well inside, but has some ground loop feedback.

7.3L TDI

TDI
looking for the elusive ALH 5sp wagon, 2001 Excursion (for sale)
It's an 01 with 126k on it, 4X4, 7.3 of course. Setup for towing (lots of mods) and has a plow (not that you'd need it). Red, limited, 2005 updated front end, two sets of wheels (OEM & 18" aftermarket) TV, remote start, iPod input, rebuilt tranny last winter, amsoil, other stuff I'm missing.
T

lil_k9

TDI
2013 VW Golf 6MT
Sounds like a sweet truck, but I just bought an Excursion yesterday. Just for curiosity's sake, how much are you asking?