www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Eastern USA

South Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the South Eastern USA. (Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Old December 21st, 2006, 13:31   #1
DannyRay

Fuel Economy: 38
Default GTG Helen,GA (May 2007) H2OTuning Official Announcement

Greetings from Alabama! It sounds like many of you have already heard about our event in May, but here's your official invitation. H2OTuning would like to invite everyone to "Southern Worthersee co-sponsored by TechTonics Tuning and VWVortex" It will be May 12 & 13, 2007 in Helen,GA. Helen is a beautiful re-creation of an alpine village in the mountains of North Georgia @ 1 hour NO of ATL. This inaugural WaterCooled event will be a non-competitive Show and Shine GTG. We will have a peoples choice and various give-aways. Special discounts have been arranged with local merhants, so please mention H2O Southern Worthersee when you make any purchases. Our sponsor hotel is the Helendorf @800-445-2271...ask for Sharon. The room rate is $69.00 for standard, $94.00 for riverview suite. Please visit www.helenga.org for more local info. To answer the question of what to do, there is a TON of things there, including a great semi-slick kart track, for which we are developing a competion. Also some of the most entertaing mountain roads you will ever drive...awesome drives and scenery, but most important, lots of BIER and BRATS!
DannyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 08:59   #2
WolfTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Golf
Fuel Economy: Yes
Default Re

I must say the roads in that area are amazing! I spent three days riding motorcyles around Helen, and can't wait to get back there. I will definitely keep this event in mind.
Old December 27th, 2006, 10:54   #3
trikemann

Fuel Economy: 300
Default I work in Cleveland near Helen

If you set up a meet let me know.

Thx

Trike
Old January 14th, 2007, 17:36   #4
DannyRay

Thumbs up Bump

Thanks for the reponses. This event is shaping up with sponsors and fun events along with the GTG.
Old January 16th, 2007, 13:07   #5
91cabster

TDI(s): 1998 jetta

Southern Worthersee is getting big! APR has been added as a title sponsor, as well as coverage by Performance VW and Deutsche Motorsport Magazines. APR plans to bring its' roadshow and we have people coming from as far west as Colorado! Our banner will be on VWVortex in Feb, with a link to our official website. Check this link for some pics of Helen for a little inspiration!: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3025247
91cabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 11:35   #6
chlavenka

TDI(s): 2002 Golf
Fuel Economy: 43/51

I'll be looking for a timing belt change around then too. Anyone coming who will work on those?

also, another place to stay in helen is at my parents:

www.lucillesmountaintopinn.com
chlavenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 20:35   #7
motorinar
Veteran Member

how about RocketChip, will Jeff be there?
Old February 2nd, 2007, 15:05   #8
DannyRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorinar
how about RocketChip, will Jeff be there?
Do you know the contact for Rocketchip? I had sent an invite to Upsolute so I will send one if I get the contact, thanks.
02 J GLS TDI Auto (GBlue) - Mods: Nozzles (.184), Upsolute Chip, Epsilonian, Cheezed Air box, Hidden Glass Pack, Koni Yellows, Megan Racing Springs, 16" GTI Montreal II Wheels, Bridgestone Potenzas, 35% tint.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 19:11   #9
motorinar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRay
Do you know the contact for Rocketchip? I had sent an invite to Upsolute so I will send one if I get the contact, thanks.
www.rocketchip.com and go to contacts.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 20:08   #10
DannyRay

Formal email invite sent to Rocketchip, I will post if I get a response.
02 J GLS TDI Auto (GBlue) - Mods: Nozzles (.184), Upsolute Chip, Epsilonian, Cheezed Air box, Hidden Glass Pack, Koni Yellows, Megan Racing Springs, 16" GTI Montreal II Wheels, Bridgestone Potenzas, 35% tint.
Old February 4th, 2007, 13:39   #11
volmaniac
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf GLS
Fuel Economy: around 50 mpg

you may want to get a list started of folks that want to get chipped. there has to be around 10 or 15 to make it worth jeff's effort to go to a gtg. he was at the old navy gtg last fall and did about 20 cars. jeff is a great guy, just really really busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracer1 View Post
Wars are fought over religion, money, land, and brand of injectors for a TDI
volmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 17:39   #12
DannyRay

Anyone want to add there name to a chip list?. If you are not chipped this is the best first mod for the TDI.

Bumping this up for those interested. Better get your reservations in. This is really shaping up. Three clubs already starting lists of who is going. Make plans now to show those TDI badges. I would really like to see some cars that are highly modified show up as well as stock. TDI (efficiency+power=TRUE performance)
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:19   #13
Richard55

TDI(s): 2000 NB
Fuel Economy: 52 MPG

I would get a Stage 3 from Jeff if he is going to be there. The NC GTG was just too far to go in one day.
Richard
RC6, 11 mm IP, 17/22, egr delete, 3 inch exhaust, 2.5" custom lower IC pipe, lift pump, "LurkerMike" custom DP, PP764, MAF deleted, 3 bar MAP, stage 2-14 lbs flywheel and clutch assy. Autometer Colbalt 2 Oil Pressure, Boost and EGT guages. K&N air filter. 18" Motegi wheels. vent and snowectomies. 55 watt HIDs
Richard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 20:04   #14
DannyRay

Default Mod List Request for event vendors

OK, so I don't know if this needs to be a new thread but lets start a list of desired mods for a tech session:
user .........mod
Richard55 stage three

I don't know about the major mechanical stuff like timing belt and intake cleaning to me seems like too much for a GTG.

Last edited by DannyRay; February 8th, 2007 at 20:10.
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:14   #15
Leo819
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45.5/35

I am planning on coming down for the weekend and then heading to Atlanta to visit friends.

Leo819 is offline   Reply With Quote