3.0 TDI new dealer inventory

redrock53

TDI
'14 Jetta Sportwagon &'15 Golf Sportwagon
Has anyone heard any news on when dealers might be able to start selling their remaining new inventory of 3.0 TDI's? I have a deposit down on a 2016 Q5 with 3.0 TDI and getting "itchy" to potentially take delivery - if the "deal" is right. We already bought a new 2015 2.0 TDI Golf Sportwagon last spring when they were released & really like it. Also still have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI to sell back to VW next spring.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I recently spoke to the owner of our local VW dealer and he'd not heard anything about when they'll be able to sell remaining '16 3.0 TDIs. Bet Audi hasn't either.

A customer stopped by the other day with an A8 TDI. Beautiful car, although more car than I'd want to drive on a regular basis. But a '16 Touareg would be tempting.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
right now its illegal to sell any of them.

redrock53

TDI
'14 Jetta Sportwagon &'15 Golf Sportwagon
Going to be REAL interesting to see what value they can hope to get for 2 & 3 year vehicles. I cannot imagine that the EPA will force them to destroy those higher priced vehicles, but suppose the government has done crazier things.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Going to be REAL interesting to see what value they can hope to get for 2 & 3 year vehicles. I cannot imagine that the EPA will force them to destroy those higher priced vehicles, but suppose the government has done crazier things.
If VW hadn't tried to skirt the laws then all of this would have been moot. The government is only enforcing the laws on the books. It's a sad state for sure, but VW/VAG is the entity that is responsible for shouldering the consequences of its actions. VW/VAG was the "crazy" one here.