person good with grounds 06 jetta

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
The windows except driver does, wiper,door lock trunk,fuel lid,doors don't function. anybody could tell me where this ground is located.PLEASE and thanks very much.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I believe its behind the J pillar. by your left foot.

But it's more likely that you should find someone with a VCDS or even better, do an inspect of the wiring from the body to the door frame. About every item you mentioned except the wipers, operate through the door's wiring harness. That wiring has a really bad habit of breaking the insulation off and crossing everything up.

If you feel around on the bellows, there is a release tab at the top on the body. Pull the bellows back and check wiring. We have wiring harnesses for that job and even if you're good at it, it's a bit time consuming.

Fair warning, the door skin comes off, but look for a really good Youtube on it. Double warning, mark the screws that come out of the door skin for location. Some are different and if they go into the wrong spot, you end up with dimples in the door skin.

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
ground left side under brahe realease . i test by reverse

I believe its behind the J pillar. by your left foot.

But it's more likely that you should find someone with a VCDS or even better, do an inspect of the wiring from the body to the door frame. About every item you mentioned except the wipers, operate through the door's wiring harness. That wiring has a really bad habit of breaking the insulation off and crossing everything up.

If you feel around on the bellows, there is a release tab at the top on the body. Pull the bellows back and check wiring. We have wiring harnesses for that job and even if you're good at it, it's a bit time consuming.

Fair warning, the door skin comes off, but look for a really good Youtube on it. Double warning, mark the screws that come out of the door skin for location. Some are different and if they go into the wrong spot, you end up with dimples in the door skin.
by reverse current the metal stud was 12 volts , big brown wire was 10 volts barley . this the problem and PLEASE tell me were the other end is please and thanks Jim

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Forgive me but it looks to be English is not your first language? Hard to understand you, sorry.

I think you need to start with a proper scan tool such as VCDS and get into the Central Electronics / Convenience modules and do some sleuthing about first.

All of the items you are speaking of go through those modules in some form.

There are lots of grounds in the car, but I think that might be Step D or E, you have to go back to A first.

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
forgive me but it looks to be english is not your first language? Hard to understand you, sorry.
I think you need to start with a proper scan tool such as vcds and get into the central electronics / convenience modules and do some sleuthing about first.
All of the items you are speaking of go through those modules in some form.
There are lots of grounds in the car, but i think that might be step d or e, you have to go back to a first.
thank you jim