MK5 Jetta TDI JCR to EUH Transmission

jettatdinut

TDI
MKV Jetta TDI 2006
Hi this is my first post. I have a MK5 Jetta TDI with a JCR 5 speed that has been destroyed by the roll pin in the pinion pin shearing off resulting in the pin tearing a rather large hole in the cases. I have obtained a EUH 5 speed transmission as a replacement. First question is if anyone knows if this swap has been done before? Now I will let you know what I know so far. The gear ratios are very similar or identical with 5th gear being slightly taller. This is a positive. The bell housing bolt holes all line up. There is a speedo drive on the EUH that is not needed on the MK5 as the speed is obtained I believe by the ABS sensor. The shift tower levers will have to be swapped as well as the bracket that holds the shifter cables as the brackets are slightly different. Now the things I'm most concerned with. The drive shaft flanges are offset 4mm from the JCR. Will this 4 mm cause any real problems with the drive shafts? The distance from the bell housing face to the starter mating surface is about 4mm less on the EUH. I could possibly correct this with a shim or a starter swap. I'm also going to install a SM flywheel and a VR6 clutch. Can you think of anything else that may cause problems with this swap? Your input is appreciated. Thanks :)

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
if ratios are slightly different then the cruise wont work in whatever gears are different.

I would worry about using a mk4 trans in a mk5 as mk5 trans has oil trough to deliver oil to 5th. Mk5 is "tilted" a differerent angle and I wonder if this makes the trough necessary. Haven't thought about it much.