TDIFest 2007 Atlantic thread

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Just putting some feelers out there.

Anyone thinking/considering heading to Montreal for the long weekend? Seeing as we are the farthest east, sans newfs, we could plan a convoy from here early and pick up a lot of others all the way in. We could post a cel phone number for one of us so others joining in could check in on our location, that way we wouldn't be tied up waiting at meeting points. We could carry the motorola talkies for internal convoy chatter. We could check the ferry schedule and plan to meet any Newfs coming by as well. Maybe even offer up some B&B to any of them that wanted to come the day before.

It's a straight through route from here to there so everyone heading that way will be taking the same road, we might as well let others know when we'd be passing their way.

I'm not even sure I can make it yet, but I'd really like to try, I mean, it's a days drive away. I know we've got more than eight months for this snowball to grow but I have spent a lot of time with Duane and I realize that I sound like him right now but bear with me. Anyway, a thread needed to be started so... this is it. Post your thoughts, ideas, plans, etc. Maybe we'll work on getting Whitey up there. I know there's lots of you that would love a chance to "beat the dog"! :cool:

In case you haven't gone to the official thread yet, here's the proposed line up:

VW Derf said:
I'm proud to announce that TDIFest 2007 will be hold in Montréal, Canada on the Labour Day weekend (August 31, 2007 - September 2, 2007). This will be the second time TDIFest has been north of the US border and promises to be another fun fill weekend.
This years organizing committee consists of:
Dieselvet, IndigoBlueWagon, Meganuke, MeganukesWife, MrChill, MrsChill, Radman, TDIinRI, and Zippy_car.
Proposed agenda (Subject to change):
Friday:
12:00pm 7pm Registration
Room Check
in
6:00-9:00 Dinner and Meet N’ Greet (menu-TBD)
Saturday:
8:00-11:00am Breakfast (menu
TBD)
8:00
12:00 Registration
10:00-2:00 Tech Sessions
12:00
4:00 Diagnostic sessions
2:30-5:00 - Go Carting/alternate Activities
9:00pm - movie night
Sunday:
9:30 -11:00 - Registration
10:00
12:00 Adventure hunt/Scavenger hunt
1:00- judging - Show n’ Shine
2:00
3:30 Driving skills course
3:00pm
Raffle drawing
6:00
9:00 Banquet (slide show, awards and dinner menu TBD)
... and the full thread if you want to read it:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=157482

The hotel almost finalized, will post when it's decided upon.

picframer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Not sure I could make it but if you go Jeff I will put a GPS unit in your car and set a link to a website which I can set up, anyone with Internet access could tell exactly where you are (and how fast you are driving:D ) so keep that in mind.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
picframer said:
Not sure I could make it but if you go Jeff I will put a GPS unit in your car and set a link to a website which I can set up, anyone with Internet access could tell exactly where you are (and how fast you are driving:D ) so keep that in mind.
That'd be an awesome addition. It'd only be four days... you could fit that in! :cool:

picframer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Fyrman said:
That'd be an awesome addition. It'd only be four days... you could fit that in! :cool:
I dunno, Seth and I bought new ATV's and we plan a 10 day trip to NFLD around that time for a four wheelin trip.....but anything is possible.....Maybe we should fit you with a tracking braclet then we could show the folks everything:eek:

Quint9

TDI
1. Jetta 2004 sand, 2. 2011 golf wagon TDI Black
Jeff, Ryan and I will most likly be going, I'm on vacation but Ryan may have to work. We also have a M S streets and maps with the gps puck.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Meh, we'll see. Maybe by then Quebec will have separated and it'd be like visiting another country...oh, wait... ;)

I'm going to try to remember to save a couple of days vacation to tie into that weekend and see if I can fit this in.

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
I'm in for sure! I mean, its only about 90min. away for me (Ottawa...:D ), BUT, I may make the journey from Halifax in the convoy with ya's, that would be fun for sure!

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I would like to go, likely alone with no family since my wife chews pieces of the dash off every time I take her through Montreal.

BeckyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, Canyon Red
Slave2school said:
I would like to go, likely alone with no family since my wife chews pieces of the dash off every time I take her through Montreal.
Umm...bring her an edible snack this time maybe? :confused: :p

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
Slave2school said:
:eek: LMFAO! I can relate, since my wife doesn't like Montreal driving, and isn't fond at all of the Gardiner Expressway in Tdot..........she usually reclines the seat back and closes her eyes until we stop somewhere.....hehehehe. I just pretrend I'm in a video game like Need For Speed or Gran Turismo....comes in handy when I'm driving the bike for sure!:p

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'd love to go!
I missed last years due to an extra heapin' of crapola in my life, but things are looking much better for me these days... :)
I just checked my schedule, and I've got that weekend off next year! ;)