2004 Jetta TDI Injector Nozzles? HELP!

hotrdd

TDI
2000 and 2004 Jetta
Any idea where to find replacement nozzles for a 2004 PD Injectors?
Son has a 2004 Jetta TDI that he has been working on for months, he was just about to bring it into the shop for a tune when he was told the injectors would need to be upgraded first for the tune.
So he pulled them out of the car and tried to replace them with the nozzles he was sold only to find out that they were wrong and didn't fit. What we discovered is that the shop thought they were dealing with a 2002 car and that was the advice and nozzles they gave him. But the nozzles in this 2004 would have been fine for the Stage 2 upgrade he was trying to do. But when he removed the nozzles he ruined them and now we need to find replacements.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
There are very few vendors that can replace nozzles on those injectors, and they aren't inexpensive. You may be better off finding some good used injectors.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Ouch. Sounds like a clueless tuner, unless they were told it was a 2002.

I’d say your best bet is to go to a local auto wrecker.

After removing the injectors you need a new seal kit to install them.

There are three different O-rings and a heat shield that need to be replaced.

Also, the bolts that hold the injectors in, and the rocker shafts all need to be replaced. They are one-time use.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
At this point, you might be better off getting a used set of PD150 injectors from Frans in the Netherlands.

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
You can buy PD nozzles, but you can't install them without some pretty serious equipment, like not at all at home. I'm not sure why the vendors that sell the nozzles do/will since they can't be replaced by too many people.

Your least expensive option would be a used set (of injectors) from Ebay. New seals and bolts like Mike says.

If your junk yards are like mine, you could be waiting a while for anything PD/BEW.

I don't know if anyone else beside DBW works on PD injectors. Even getting them rebuilt is big $. Around half of a new set IIRC.

I would not be returning to the tuner that caused this. You can buy a new set of ALH injectors for less than one new stock PD injector. If you had to buy new ones, they run ~$500 per injector...

Last edited:

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Most tuners will tell you there's tons of performance room available on the stock PD nozzles before they are on the critical path for upgrade.

Unless there's something wrong with them in the first place, and the shop thinks they just out-and-out need to be replaced 'cause they are worn out?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Good advice, but they've destroyed their stock nozzles. You might try forum members Franko6 or DriveByWire, they do those sorts of things.

hotrdd

TDI
2000 and 2004 Jetta
Who knows if my son told them it was 2002 or not, I just know thats the year they were basing everything off of. I'll start hunting based on everyones leads. Very much appreciated.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Just another thread to book mark to my "this is why you wont DIY nozzles" threads
Sorry you had to go though this. What "tunner" was this?