Tdtuning

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
b4v....died, engine swapped into mk1 caddy
Idk if this is the right place but anyone know the best way to contact for a tune?

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Have you tried googling or emailing for a vendor in your vicinity? I would think an email would get you some results, give your zip code with your request. Whitbread is a vEndor here in Michigan. What’s nice about using someone local is being able to call and drop in. You may be able to ship to Matt as he is set up to do it on a bench with his own cable

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I meant tdtuning specifically I believe vwmikel on here. Closest to me is a remote Malone shop 2 hours away. My last tune I got from Kerma with a qloader. Want to try something different

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
The same, Matt receives the tune from him and downloads it. I have his stage III in my Jetta

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I let Matt know which ecu, injectors, turbo, and pump I had and when I was going to be in his area and he set me up. No muss no fuss

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It was about a three hour trip for me, but we used it as a good excuse to go camping

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I heard he works for Dark side over the pond
If I can be of help doing tunes and DSG tunes out of my shop
You do on your own or still a tdtuning satellite? How’s it work? Pm with pricing

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Idk if this is the right place but anyone know the best way to contact for a tune?

You do NOT have to take your car to a tuner!

You can either buy or rent the "Flashzilla" tool from Malone. Download your OEM tune to the Flashzilla, transfer it to your computer and send it to Malone. They will send you the new tune and then you re-install the new tune to your car. All done via the OBD II port!

In my opinion you'd be better of to buy the Flashzilla for several reasons.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Tdtuning isnt near him...he will likely get a tuner as well from Mike. He wants to try Mikes tunes out...let him do it. Mike is closer than Canada...and does a good job

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdtuning isnt near him...he will likely get a tuner as well from Mike. He wants to try Mikes tunes out...let him do it. Mike is closer than Canada...and does a good job
Thanks!!! I’m aware of “how it works”. Problem is no one has been quick to at least respond....and once turbo and hard parts are in front of my face I don’t know how patient I’ll be. Emailed rc,Malone,tdtuning,and Darkside. Rc got back to me but that was b4 I went and ordered a turbo(plus he’s 4 1/2 hours away or mail my ecu).malone and Td I’ve heard nothing, and Darkside was prompt to respond but will only tune their turbos or stock. I don’t want to get to the point of parts in my face, I install them, the try diy tuning. Lol lol

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I've used RC tuning for well over a decade. I wouldnt use anyone else personally. The results are always excellent. If he is that close to you, I would send the ecu. I get them 3 days turnaround and I am in Massachusetts. SO you will likely be the same or better. Besides, you will need a couple to a few days for the hardware...have the ecu tuned while you do that.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I've used RC tuning for well over a decade. I wouldnt use anyone else personally. The results are always excellent. If he is that close to you, I would send the ecu. I get them 3 days turnaround and I am in Massachusetts. SO you will likely be the same or better. Besides, you will need a couple to a few days for the hardware...have the ecu tuned while you do that.
At the end of the day that’s prob what I’ll end up doing. He also has been to a local show but with the pandemic who knows how the spring/summer goes.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Are there any TDTuning tuners near the denver area? Would Mike be the closest?

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Yes I do my oun in house tuning . I use some great tuners over seas that have there own dyno on hand for there tuning.
The right way is find some one that you can work with.
I have been racing for over 40 years and over 20 years of dyno testing under my belt.
The right way to get a car tuned if its just a simple one of a self any one of them will work.
The way I do it is look over the car what has been added work with the tuner and owner what they are looking for. remove the base tune send out. install the tune them log it on a few groups look that over first then sent off to the tuner. If we need to make adjustment we do and re load the tune and re log it.
I have tested tunes from some from this group worked well but pumped out clouds of smoke just wasting fuel. Re done them and made more drive-able power with less wasted fuel. We run real race cars here

the worlds only CR 2L DSG road racer TT

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope it didn’t come off as an insult to you, was just curious. Pm or email best? Car needs to be left with you for a few days then? Pricing? Thanks jesse

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I have changed my hardware a few times in the last decade, and have used Mike the entire time during the changes; he has always been insightful and helpful. I did try one of the Canadian guys once, for about 1 day, and told them no thanks. It cost me $150.00 plus the rent of the programmer, so for $210.00 U.S. I literally got nothing.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I have changed my hardware a few times in the last decade, and have used Mike the entire time during the changes; he has always been insightful and helpful. I did try one of the Canadian guys once, for about 1 day, and told them no thanks. It cost me $150.00 plus the rent of the programmer, so for $210.00 U.S. I literally got nothing.
I would love to have mike do a tune.... how do I get a hold of him though? Tried emailing the tdtuning sales email address I found but it’s been a week ,week and a half and nothing.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
@swapmeat did you ever hear back from Mike? I'm also waiting to hear back from the sales address regarding an update to my tune, but I'm never sure if he's even still in business.