injector bodies which are best pd 1.9

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
With my VNT-17/22 and the stock PD100 injectors installed on my BEW, I maxed my car out at 150 whp. Then I upgraded to PD150 injectors and had my car dynoed and made 173 whp. I'm sure there's more to be had there if one was to install a better cam and to port and polish the head.

Then, from what I understand the PD100 injectors will make slightly more power with the same set of larger nozzles (for example if Firad +80% nozzles were installed) that would be on a set of PD130/PD150 injectors.

I would stay away from the injectors that came in the MKV Golf, since those have a slightly smaller circuit for the fuel to flow in the injector. Most injectors have an 8mm circuit for the fuel to flow through versus the 7.5mm circuit on the BLS or here in the US BRM injectors have. Like you mentioned they more than likely did this for emissions reasons.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will correct anything I may have gotten wrong or add some additional helpful info, but I hope that points you in the right direction.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
With my VNT-17/22 and the stock PD100 injectors installed on my BEW, I maxed my car out at 150 whp. Then I upgraded to PD150 injectors and had my car dynoed and made 173 whp.
how long did you run that setup? Im looking at similar setup and debating on to leave the fuel system alone at first or just get the pd150's. My goal is a reliable 180 whp

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Being a BEW driver, all this would be a non-issue if PD nozzles were easy to swap and calibrate. I'd get a few sets of bodies and a few sets of nozzles to swap around and have at it. For my BEW I have not too much interest in going to clutch slipping, or risk to the 5th gear splines... LOL

Or maybe I do...
cheers,
Douglas

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
how long did you run that setup? Im looking at similar setup and debating on to leave the fuel system alone at first or just get the pd150's. My goal is a reliable 180 whp
I'm actually still running that setup and I upgraded to the VNT-17/22 in the fall of 2008. Then got the PD150 injectors installed in the fall of 2011 and have been running that setup every since then. I do have a GTB2260VKLR waiting to get installed this coming spring and will be upgrading to +80% nozzles on PD100 injectors to get over the 200whp mark.

I'd definitely recommend upgrading to PD150 injectors if have a VNT-17/22, that way you can get the most out of your setup. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the performance increase of upgrading to PD150 injectors.

Good luck with your decision.