2015 Beetle input

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I currently am driving my 2003 Beetle TDI. I have owned a 2006 Jetta and a 2013 Passat TDI previously. I haven't found much feedback on this new Beetle yet. Any owners care to fill me in with any details they may have on any quirks or suggestions? This is a left over stop sale car brand new. Plain model with no sunroof. Silver on black interior. There is a definite lack of postings for these. Thanks! $22k out the door and zero percent interest for 72 months.

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
My only real complaint was the inter-cooler icing issue. Hydro locked the engine twice, took it to VW and they installed the cold weather kit on it, hydro locked it again so I took maters into my own hands and did the egr delete. I don't know where Round Rock is but if the temps get below freezing at night but warm up during the day while you are at work be warned. The windshield is very delicate on these so be careful.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Is the 2015 the same as the 2013 though? Freezing is rare here. A handfull of days at most. RR is just a few miles North of Austin, Texas. Center of the state.

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
Didn't happen without pics. Of course I have never figured out how to post pics here.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Added to my GEICO insurance last night. Got them to include it under the Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. $100 a year for 7 years/100k miles. Also added an umbrella policy. The alignment was out slightly and I had them realign it and detail it before delivering it to me. Going to take a drive this evening to test it out.