Reset low tire indicator?

wvmountains

TDI
2012 SEL TDI
Got a screw in my 2012 Passat TDI SEL. Low tire indicator came on.
Took wheel to tire shop and got it fixed.
Drove around a good bit but light still on.
Checked tire cold at 37psi. Drove around more, light still on.

How do I clear the TPMS light?

Thanks!

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Got a screw in my 2012 Passat TDI SEL. Low tire indicator came on.
Took wheel to tire shop and got it fixed.
Drove around a good bit but light still on.
Checked tire cold at 37psi. Drove around more, light still on.

How do I clear the TPMS light?

Thanks!

Idle the car, press and hold the button inside the glove compartment until it turns off.

hitman1985

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI ALH
^ plus... Manually check your tire pressure to match on all 4 corners. Discard what vw has imprinted in the door jam. Look at your tire; inflate as close to cold max pressure rating as you want to go. Then do the step above. These don't have wheel sensors like typical cars. If I'm not mistaken the nms and such measure thru hub resistance or something. But I'd never ever stick to what a manufacturer of a car puts on the door jam. They don't make the tire ;) just a hint. It can have a drastic impact on wear and fuel economy running the tires that low.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
^ plus... Manually check your tire pressure to match on all 4 corners. Discard what vw has imprinted in the door jam. Look at your tire; inflate as close to cold max pressure rating as you want to go. Then do the step above. These don't have wheel sensors like typical cars. If I'm not mistaken the nms and such measure thru hub resistance or something. But I'd never ever stick to what a manufacturer of a car puts on the door jam. They don't make the tire ;) just a hint. It can have a drastic impact on wear and fuel economy running the tires that low.

[emoji1432] is the dumbest advice, ever. Heed to what I said.

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
I believe the tpms works off the abs sensors, if a tire is low on pressure, the dimension is smaller than a tire full of air so the wheel abs sensor reads that differential and the fact you don’t have your foot on the brake pedal. All cars should work this way so those tpms sensors in rims could be eliminated to save money and complexity.

hitman1985

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI ALH
[emoji1432] is the dumbest advice, ever. Heed to what I said.
You couldn't respond to a pm. So I'll confront your arse here.

1. I know my vehicles and their maintenance needs.

2. Don't label someone's advice as dumb unless you have facts to state the person being wrong to begin with.

Being an arrogant and ignorant ******* doesn't do **** in a forum. Especially when you don't know **** about your platform to begin with.

Greets. And my last post on this ***** ass forum.