Buzzken install

BlueOnBlack

TDI
15 Passat Tdi Mt6
Has anyone installed a buzzken delete kit? I’m not sure if I’m missing parts or something but it seems like I might be. Thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
What'd you order? Did you get a resonator and a cat?

post up a pick.

joshferrer

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL (CKRA)
Same question for me, what did you order?

I have the Rawtek delete on my car. I assume it would be similar?

-2014 Passat TDI SEL
Malone Stage 2 "Econo" Tune.
Rawtek DPF, EGR, DEF Delete Performance Kit. Straight Pipe. No resonator and no cat.

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
So in my research the Buzzken kit seems to be a little short on things needed, like the cooling bypass kit that Rawtek includes, also actual instructions.

BlueOnBlack

TDI
15 Passat Tdi Mt6
I’ll post some pics later. I ended up finding a piece of hose and made it work. Had to make a bracket for the metal coolant pipe too. As far as the exhaust it fit perfect and the tune from Malone is definitely an upgrade. Mpg is up I haven’t hand calculated yet but I will. No resonator no cat just the factory muffler. It’s quiet. In the car with windows up it is silent.

glester

TDI
2013 Passat 6M
The kit for the 2015 is different than those for the previous years in that series, right? I have a 2013 Passat Tdi M6 and have the kit ready to be installed. I'm curious how much time it took for you and others to complete. Anybody have advice on things that might have not been straightforward?

Thanks in advance!

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Hate to hijack but i just got my passat back today with my rawtek installed. Did you all move back to just regular diesel oil? Like a rotella from the old A4 days? I have a few more changes with total quartz 507 but just for future reference...

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hate to hijack but i just got my passat back today with my rawtek installed. Did you all move back to just regular diesel oil? Like a rotella from the old A4 days? I have a few more changes with total quartz 507 but just for future reference...
I
I’m using Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40. After extensive research I determined this is the oil I should use.
My reasons are the Mobil 1 TDT is thinner at operating temp (100C) than other (Rotella, Delo, Valvoline 5W-40). It is pretty close to the 507 spec viscosity. The 5W-30 is on the thick side of 5W-30 at operating temp. (And Mobil 1 TDT is on the thin side of 5W-40.
Other reason is the Mobil 1 TDT has a lot of Zinc, and Phosporus compared to other brands of oil. You can see this on Mobil’s website.
It is readily available at Wal-Mart and like $24 per gallon, came out to $14 with rebate recently.

Mobil Delvac ESP 5W-40 was my second choice. I couldn’t find the zinc and phosporus levels, and it is another $12 per gallon.

I have a some Mobil ESP 5w-30 (507 Oil) left over and will run this in the winter. I’ll do some oil analysis on these oils too.

TDI
'15 A3 - 2.0 TDI, '14 Q7 - 3.0 TDI
I didn't need anything other than the "kit" they sent me. The coolant bypass, I just used the elbow they sent between the 2 hoses off the EGR.

Biggest pain, getting the DPF out. It was like a puzzle, removed the dogbone and rocked the engine forward as much as possible, but the space seemed to small. Lots of cussing and fiddling with it and finally it popped out. In hindsight I would just drop the subframe if I were to do it again.

I loosely used the RawTek install guide, here.

Last edited:

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Beater Passat. Real piece
I'm doing this now what a pain in my butt. I hate droppin GB the sub fram but probably will. It seems impossible for it to come out the bottom

AaronB

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Beater Passat. Real piece
Not to hijack but adding extra info. I lowered subfram and raised the trans up with a Jack and the dpf came out with some ease. I attempted to do so without lowering it but seemed impossible. I feel the mid pipe is a few inchs to short. They did not include anything to delete the cooler but I removed it and 90° the coolant lines together with a 5/8s 90°. Zipped tied the coolant lines out of the way. Also when I removed the cooler I noticed the egr pipe turns into a hose so I just used the egr block off and put it on the pipe and bolt/nutted it together. I just tucked the def fluid line and harness up under the black trays that tun along the side. Have about 50 miles on the car so far.