www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:53   #1
TDI_Nate_
Default 2012 Treg TDI Rear Wiper washer issue

Hi all,

So recently my wife and I pulled the trigger on a buy back 12 Touareg TDI and so far we love it! Coming from owning and driving all 4 cylinder TDI's its a far cry, and her coming from a Cruze is a really far cry haha, but it's awesome. Anyway my issue, when you push the wiper stalk away to activate the rear washer nothing but bubbles come out the nozzles at the rear wiper stalk. It's full of washer fluid, I can hear the pump motor running, and the wiper does its thing. When the pump runs it changes pitch almost like it's pressurizing or something. Also after repeated attempts I find no leaks anywhere in or out of the vehicle. So what do you all think I should do? Is there a rear washer tank that I'm missing, I am new to treg life. Or something else? I think I figured out where the washer fluid bottle is for the front (in the pass. fender and it's a pain to get to..correct me if I'm wrong). Also is there a designation to the generations of Touareg like there are for the other VW models so I know in the future? Also if this isn't the best forum to be looking let me know and I'd love suggestions.

Thanks!
TDI_Nate_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2020, 16:35   #2
redbarron55
Veteran Member

The rear nozzle is bad about rusting internally and clogging. I have cleaned mine several times and it still clogs and is clogged now.
The nozzle pulls out fairly easily and a fine wire can be used to clear the hole, but the rust back in the wiper keeps on coming. Flush really well or you will be right back there soon.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 11:15   #3
TDI_Nate_

Ok that makes sense! How does one take it apart to get to the nozzle pieces?
Old June 5th, 2020, 04:56   #4
redbarron55
Veteran Member

Here is the thread I saw and used:
https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads/...uid-t3.145354/
Old June 22nd, 2020, 13:02   #5
TDI_Nate_

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I used that link from the Touareg forum and fixed it this weekend! Now onto question two, is there a designation for the years of Touareg? Like I've seen maybe the 2012 and up is called the Touareg 2? I'm hoping it'll make looking for things easier if I know the specific designation. I suppose if there really isn't one then oh well I'll manage!
Old June 23rd, 2020, 11:02   #6
redbarron55
Veteran Member

I think they are T3, but I have practice being wrong