Another New TDI Wagon Owner

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Picked up a CPO SE wagon with 17k miles on it... I sold my GTI to do it. I like having range over power, and I love the space in the GSW.

So far, I tinted, added a bumperdillo and swapped the wheels. I’m leaning toward the Kerma Stage 1 tune as my final add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I just got a wagon in Thursday too! Looks like I am part of a trend! What tint level are those? All limo, or just limo back and then what % in the front sides? And what is a bumperdillo? I am new to the VW world please excuse my naivety.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
I just got a wagon in Thursday too! Looks like I am part of a trend! What tint level are those? All limo, or just limo back and then what % in the front sides? And what is a bumperdillo? I am new to the VW world please excuse my naivety.

I did 30% lumar on all but windshield. A bumperdillo is the brushed aluminum plate on the back bumper. I also have a muddy buddy cargo liner.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I did 30% lumar on all but windshield. A bumperdillo is the brushed aluminum plate on the back bumper. I also have a muddy buddy cargo liner.

Ahh thank you sir for clarifying! Might have to look into that! I was thinking limo on the back ones for mine and then 30% in the front sides. Waiting on quotes. I have only tinted sedans, so what should the average cost be for Lumar grade tint with as many windows as the wagons have?

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Ahh thank you sir for clarifying! Might have to look into that! I was thinking limo on the back ones for mine and then 30% in the front sides. Waiting on quotes. I have only tinted sedans, so what should the average cost be for Lumar grade tint with as many windows as the wagons have?

Most places I talked to charge about the same

Picaroon

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG
I did 15% CTX lumar all around and it was $320. The 30% looks great but ima its not dark enough. The Lumar 15% is more like 20-25% with other brands.